Aspen Point B Litter & Point's Pewter Tip

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Aspen Point B Litter & Point's Pewter Tip

Postby FrankGWP » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:42 pm

Hi all - I'm picking up a griff pup in a couple of weeks. I know there are a few threads on griff lineage in the annals of the versatile dogs forum. I'm hoping to find a specific kind of info.

My pup's pedigree features Aspen Point's B litter on both sides of of each pedigree - some combination of Barrel, Buttstock and Bolt which IMO is kind of crazy as there are three and both male and female. This also means that Sharon's MT John Reggie and the tastefully named Point's Pewter Tip are there too.

Question: Has anyone here met a dog from the B litter or either of the B litter's parents? Are there specific traits about this line that I should be aware of, or that are just neat that kept them prominently in the gene pool of dogs from Idaho and Wisconsin respectively?

Thanks!

(PS: Puppy pics to come)
Chump Changes Frankelmoin - brown fuzzy monster I take rooster hunting.
FrankGWP
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Aspen Point B Litter & Point's Pewter Tip

Postby orhunter » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:01 pm

Those are some well known names from years past. Lots of Griffs with those names in their pedigrees. I personally don't know a thing about modern dogs that closely follow the old blood but I'd like to. What kennel are you dealing with?

As long as the dogs have the desired coat, correct size and physical structure, they should be as nice as those dogs from other top breeders.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby orhunter » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:38 pm

Funny thing. The breeder turned out to be in my back yard. If you wanted a West Coast Griff, this would be the man to see. I've recommended him to several folks.
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby FrankGWP » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:23 pm

I actually got on his list last year after we talked. I’m finally getting a pup. If your in Dave’s area maybe we’ll get a chance to meet at some point. I’ll be down there a couple times this summer.
Chump Changes Frankelmoin - brown fuzzy monster I take rooster hunting.
FrankGWP
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby orhunter » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:12 am

I'm a few miles Northwest of Dave in a slum of Portland called Beaverton. I plan on being at the rescheduled spring test being held in July near a town called Madras.
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to General Discussion