New Website: Cross Timber Gundogs - Pudelpointer

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

New Website: Cross Timber Gundogs - Pudelpointer

Postby JTracyII » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:15 am

Hey Fellas (and Ladies),

I would be honored for you all to take a minute and check out the website I had developed for my breeding program/kennel. Let me know what you think either by PM or here on this thread. Either is fine. Just go to google and search Cross Timber Gundogs - Pudelpointer and you should find it. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Jack
Oxbow's Kindle the Fire, UT I, 201 pts, NA I 108 pts.
Cross Timber's Above and Beyond, NA I, 110 pts.
https://crosstimbergundogs.com/
JTracyII
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: New Website: Cross Timber Gundogs - Pudelpointer

Postby Dmog » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:53 am

I like your website. Very polished and professional with well thought out goals stated. I can offer no suggestions other than it will be interesting to see how the puppy inquiry is managed via email when and if interested parties do not contact you to visit via phone first. I wish you well!

My 2 cents for what its worth.

PS-maybe in 5-6 years I can get on your puppy list...
You never have to tell a dog what time to be home, give them the keys, and they never ask for money.
Dmog
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby JTracyII » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:30 am

Dmog wrote:I like your website. Very polished and professional with well thought out goals stated. I can offer no suggestions other than it will be interesting to see how the puppy inquiry is managed via email when and if interested parties do not contact you to visit via phone first. I wish you well!

My 2 cents for what its worth.

PS-maybe in 5-6 years I can get on your puppy list...

Dmog,

I appreciate the feedback. You caught one of the things I put thought into. Good eye. I did intentionally nudge folks to email first, but also offered them the option to call, which I am more than open too (and provided a number to call if folks prefer). Call me old school, but I usually prefer to talk on phone as well, so I get that many others will feel the same way as I. I just figured that if most folks email first I can kind of weed out the ones that are not too serious and then have a phone call with those that are. Also, I wanted to make the initial contact very easy folks, which is why on the Contact Us page I have the "Get In Touch" box to send a quick message.

Again, thanks for the feedback. Very helpful and I will give it some thought and make changes if I find that the current set up is not best.

P.S. By the way, give me a call when ready for a pup. I am always looking for top tier owners/folks that will hunt hard to place puppies with. :)
JTracyII
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Willie T » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:44 am

Well done website. I will be following closely to see who you select to sire the first liter. It is nice to see a breeder a little closer to home.

Willie
Willie T
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby AverageGuy » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:50 pm

Jack,

The Website looks very nice. Take a look at the descriptions of your dogs under the "Our Pudelpointers" tab. The same description of Sage appears under both dogs, which I interpret is not what you intend.

The Barn and Kennel turned out Great. Top Notch.

In my recent search for a pup there were several Breeders who requested I fill out a questionnaire as the first step. Gave them my applicable experience with training, testing, hunting etc. I think it is a good system for getting useful information exchanged at the outset. Something you might want to consider.

Nice Job. Best of Luck.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby JTracyII » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:07 am

Willie T wrote:Well done website. I will be following closely to see who you select to sire the first liter. It is nice to see a breeder a little closer to home.

Willie

Thanks WIllie, I've enjoyed looking at pics of your hunting adventures. This will be my B litter coming up. My first litter was Kindle X Stone Pine's Blue. I kept a pup named sage, which is listed on the website if you want to take a look at her pedigree.

This next litter will be with VC High Life's V Zeke. I've hunted and trained with him. You can see his pedigree on the Puppies page. This info is simply FYI. Not trying to sell pups. Litter is almost sold.

AverageGuy wrote:Jack,

The Website looks very nice. Take a look at the descriptions of your dogs under the "Our Pudelpointers" tab. The same description of Sage appears under both dogs, which I interpret is not what you intend.

The Barn and Kennel turned out Great. Top Notch.

In my recent search for a pup there were several Breeders who requested I fill out a questionnaire as the first step. Gave them my applicable experience with training, testing, hunting etc. I think it is a good system for getting useful information exchanged at the outset. Something you might want to consider.

Nice Job. Best of Luck.

Thanks AG, I appreciate you catching that. That issue with Kindle's information has been fixed. It was missed because in the making of the site we created a mobile and a computer version and they are supposed to be pretty much the same. I guess I overlooked that initially due to viewing it on my phone primarily. If anyone else sees a significant issue let me know. There are always a few kinks to be worked out.
JTracyII
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Willie T » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:16 pm

JTracyII, My current dog is 3.5 years old. I’m at least 4 years out from my next puppy if all goes as planned. In my part of Texas there are very few pudelpointers and most sportsmen have never heard of the breed. After hunting with Cricket I have had many inquiries about the breed and breeders locations....I did spend some more time navigating your website and found the information.
Willie
Willie T
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Meridiandave » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:35 am

Nice website. Good luck on the training.
Meridiandave
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby KJ » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:16 am

Nice job on the website. Very professional! The only thing I would change is the breed of choice :wink:
KJ
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby orhunter » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:39 am

Very clean and simple. Easy to navigate. Needs around 200 more photos.

Agree with KJ......
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby JTracyII » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:31 pm

Meridiandave wrote:Nice website. Good luck on the training.

I appreciate the feedback.
JTracyII
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby JTracyII » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:31 pm

KJ wrote:Nice job on the website. Very professional! The only thing I would change is the breed of choice :wink:

Haha! I appreciate it KJ. I admire what you have done with the wirehair and appreciate the conversation or two we've had about how you have went about things in your program. Keep up the good work.
JTracyII
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby JTracyII » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:35 pm

orhunter wrote:Very clean and simple. Easy to navigate. Needs around 200 more photos.

Agree with KJ......

I appreciate the constructive criticism. This is something two others have mentioned to me as well. I will try to get a few more pics posted of actual hunts soon. Some things will take time and this is one of those. Wish I would have been more proactive in taking quality pics of my hunts over the years.

Anyone have a suggestion for a decent point and shoot camera that has any real value over a quality cell phone camera? Cell phones have come a long ways, so I don't really know if investing money in a point and shoot and having to carry it along during the hunt in addition to my cell phone is worth it.
JTracyII
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby JTracyII » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:37 pm

Oh, and I should have just included the link in the initial post. Here it is for those still interested:

Just thought it would make finding it a bit more simple.
JTracyII
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby orhunter » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:23 pm

Maintaining a website is a continuous effort. Your photo bank will take time. I'm sure what you have now will look completely different in a couple of years with all the additional material you'll collect.

There's a lot of suitable cameras on the market these days. Choices are endless. I always carried a full size SLR which was a total pain. Go to a dealer and look at several then close your eyes and grab one. It'll do fine. Maximum mega pixles isn't necessary and neither is maximum magnification. Make sure the light sensitive area where the images is recorded actually handles all the mega pixles the camera is advertised to have. Get a good computer program for processing.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Next

Return to General Discussion