Ant invasion - pet friendly solutions

Diseases, proactive care, geriatric issues, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Ant invasion - pet friendly solutions

Postby Yalalil » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:48 am

Have an ant invasion, want to deal with it but all stuff goes on about harmful to pets ( I have dog) does anyone know of any natural stuff I can use to get rid of them (the ants) without affecting the dog please:)
Yalalil
Pup
Pup

Re: Ant invasion - pet friendly solutions

Postby ANick » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:48 am

Yalalil wrote:Have an ant invasion, want to deal with it but all stuff goes on about harmful to pets ( I have dog) does anyone know of any natural stuff I can use to get rid of them (the ants) without affecting the dog please:)

There's ant problems and then there's ant problems.

Where are you? What kind of ants are they? Are you seeing a trail of them or an ant hill?

Boiling water (think a tea pot) poured on a trail of them or down a hole will do a number on those inundated. As long as the pup isn't around until things cool off, not a problem with him.

About anything that will kill ants won't be good for a dog.. as far as insecticides, including borax.

BTW, weeds trying to grow up in sidewalk cracks and such will also succumb to the boiling water thing. Cooks them in place.

Nick
ANick
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Ant invasion - pet friendly solutions

Postby orhunter » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:31 am

Think about food source too. What species of ant are you dealing with. +1 on Borax.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to Healthcare