Neat photos, a new chapter.

Got a story to tell and photo to prove it? Post it here!

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Neat photos, a new chapter.

Postby ANick » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:39 am

Things that pop to mind while tending the herd...

Yesterday was pretty warm here. The pups weren't bent on forming a pile once they'd sated themselves at the bar, more scattered like mushrooms on a pizza, but resting wherever. Inevitably, they were draped over Mom's feet, three of them anyway, snuggled under an arm pit, pretty much blocked from moving if she didn't want to disturb the munchkins. Apparently, she didn't. She was laying with her head away from me, so to make eye contact had to do that 'head back, look at you upside down' thing. Her tongue hanging out, she looks at me... rolls her eyes toward the pups.. and back to me.... and gives me a look, "Garson, water please." I had to chuckle. And yes, brought her a nice fresh bowl. She never moved a foot, throughout.

I had to wonder, do dogs rate us on Cooperation?? :)

Nick
ANick
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby ANick » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:32 am

One of the kids at a couple days of age..
Heck of a thing to watch those little rug-runners at the 'bar'. You hear little squeaks and groans and then the sudden near silence punctuated with a bunch of lips smacking and soft grunts coming out of that squirming pile with the quivering tails.

Caught myself more than a few times sitting there grinnin' like the village idiot. :)

Then there's the coma stage.. like so...
_DSC_2130.jpg
Dot's A litter mid-week 1
Dot's A litter, mid first week
ANick
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby AverageGuy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:27 pm

ANick wrote:Things that pop to mind while tending the herd...

I had to wonder, do dogs rate us on Cooperation?? :)

Nick

:lol: Enjoying the updates and photos. Dot did good!
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby ANick » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:37 am

At the ripe old age of 2 weeks now.. already. Eyes have been opening for the last couple of days. Pups are actually walking without dragging bellies, for some number of steps at least.

The routine is still, eat, sleep and repeat, not counting bouts with Mom's tongue. Reminds me of mom's use of a tissue, I swear that woman could clean up the world with one sheet.

Weights are almost all double the birth weights now.. and we have had two escapes from the whelping box, making good use of the pig rail as a step. The same pup, twice. Starting to think that one is going to be Alvin.

_crop_DSC_2210.jpg
Best standing yawn, and or best yawn...?
Attachments
_resized_DSC_2217.jpg
Kickin' it.. week 2
ANick
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Previous

Return to Your Photos