Re: New Guy - Interested in WPG's... I think

Postby Bruce Schwartz » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:40 pm

too funny! Can't top that!!
Bruce Schwartz
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Sooty42 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:21 pm

My Griff was 2 when we adopted a 5 month old 15 lb. terrier mutt. The 15 pounder is now the alpha. He can just look at the my 65 lb Griff and the Griff will give up the toy he’s chewing on. The Griff is way to nice in my opinion. It would be a lot worse, but we don’t let the little sh*t get away with to much. All in all they are best buddies though. I have the terrier conditioned to gun fire, but can’t take him hunting because he won’t honor a point and if he got a hold of a bird he would eat it.
Attachments
1971DF12-9B20-4218-BE98-96D80A462B56.jpeg
1971DF12-9B20-4218-BE98-96D80A462B56.jpeg (128.41 KiB) Viewed 857 times
Sooty42
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Highlander » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:20 am

The 15 pounder is now the alpha

There is a similar situation at the house of my pup's breeder.
There is a some sort of mutt, not much than 10 pounds, absolutely dominates over the female dogs.
My pup's mother is very friendly with dogs, people and especially kids, in a way somewhat a beta dog, but very aggressive towards small furred animals.

Also, 8 weeks old pup will treat small dogs as dogs regardless their size and won't have an issue with cats if they are present at home. Such was the case with my brother's English Pointer. That dog grew up with cats and their kittens.

Cheers.
The hunter from highlands
Highlander
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Steve Anker » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:19 pm

Clumber Spaniel.......!
Steve "HOSS" Anker
ANKER OUTFITTERS
A-TEAM Gun Dog Training
FEATHER TERROR KENNELS

"Time with my dogs clears my mind, renews my faith, and lets me see the world as it is. My only regret loving dogs as I do, is the misery of their early departure." Robert G. Wehle
Steve Anker
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby jarbo03 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:09 am

What part of Kansas are you in? I live in NE part of state, hunt waterfowl and upland from KS to MT. Griffs are a great choice, choose wisely when looking for a breeder. Could be some litters coming soon from my stud. Be glad to help any way I can.
jarbo03
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Andrew51 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:48 am

jarbo03 wrote:What part of Kansas are you in? I live in NE part of state, hunt waterfowl and upland from KS to MT. Griffs are a great choice, choose wisely when looking for a breeder. Could be some litters coming soon from my stud. Be glad to help any way I can.

I am in Emporia, grew up in KC metro area. I appreciate your response, I'll send you a PM with some questions. Thank you!
Andrew51
Started
Started

Postby jarbo03 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:58 am

Andrew51 wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:What part of Kansas are you in? I live in NE part of state, hunt waterfowl and upland from KS to MT. Griffs are a great choice, choose wisely when looking for a breeder. Could be some litters coming soon from my stud. Be glad to help any way I can.

I am in Emporia, grew up in KC metro area. I appreciate your response, I'll send you a PM with some questions. Thank you!

Sounds good, I'm in Eudora. Friend of mine in Emporia has a Griff, and is looking to get a pup in a few months from my stud
jarbo03
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Andrew51 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:00 pm

jarbo03 wrote:
Andrew51 wrote:

Sounds good, I'm in Eudora. Friend of mine in Emporia has a Griff, and is looking to get a pup in a few months from my stud

Thank you! I sent a PM your way.
Andrew51
Started
Started

Previous

Return to General Discussion