Shipping puppies U.S to Canada

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Shipping puppies U.S to Canada

Postby Jjjones » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:40 am

I'm interested in PP's from rock creek (Minnesota) and Ripsnorter (ohio). I live in Ontario and with the boarders closed and not sure how long for I'm looking for options. Either flying a puppy to Toront or shipped to the boarder. Any insight into difficulty and expense would be greatly appreciated.
Jjjones
Pup
Pup

Re: Shipping puppies U.S to Canada

Postby Dmog » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:11 am

Can't help with the border but can share that my RC pup was flown from Minneapolis, MN to Wichita, KS non stop problem free, almost. It was August and it was touch and go on shipping day if the temperatures would allow it. I remember having two airline options and costs. It was a no brainer for me to do the non stop option regardless of the cost. The way I looked at it, the transportation and cost of the pup was a drop in the bucket compared to the total cost of the dog through its hunting career. Cost was about $450 for flight and crate. Denise and Scott took good care of everything!
You never have to tell a dog what time to be home, give them the keys, and they never ask for money.
Dmog
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Shipping puppies U.S to Canada

Postby Jjjones » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:02 pm

Thank you Dmog. Scott said it was all up to me but that might because of the boarder. Hope I can make it work because I really like their dogs and family run operation.
Jjjones
Pup
Pup

Return to General Discussion