Microchip migration to leg

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Microchip migration to leg

Postby flechero » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:19 am

My PP's chip has migrated down into her leg... I don't think it's an issue in itself but she is sensitive when you touch or gently grab it. I noticed a year or two ago that it was moving - but only recently did I find it down in her leg.

The question is, given that it's clearly bothering her when it's touched or if she hits it, I feel the need to have it removed? I assume from the location it would be easy and just require a few stitches after removal, but that's just a lay opinion.

What would you all do?

Thanks!
flechero
Started
Started

Re: Microchip migration to leg

Postby orhunter » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:44 am

I’d move it asap and get back to hunting.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Libertyrocks » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:32 am

Chip migration is not uncommon, and instances of sarcoma have been reported. If or when 5G takes hold, tumors could multiply exponentially.

I’ve found that some breeders will make exceptions to breed club rules for the right puppy buyers. It is as simple as registering the number and giving the chip over to buyer to do what he pleases.
Libertyrocks
Started
Started

Postby RowdyGSP » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:35 pm

Libertyrocks wrote:Chip migration is not uncommon, and instances of sarcoma have been reported. If or when 5G takes hold, tumors could multiply exponentially.

Are you talking about 5G like with regards to what they talk about with cell phone capacities/speeds? And if so, what does that have to do with dogs getting tumors more frequently?
You have to be smarter than the dog to train it.
RowdyGSP
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby AverageGuy » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:50 pm

When I had Spud's hips and elbows xray'd for OFA evaluation I accepted the Vet's advice to have a chip implanted between his shoulder blades. Hope I don't regret it.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Sooty42 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:35 pm

If you’re worried about it moving you can have a vet scan it each time you make a visit, to make sure it is in the right spot.
Sooty42
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Return to General Discussion