Orvis Pro LT Hunting Vest

Hunting, outdoors, and dog products, etc. reviews.
Add your opinion/suggestion to any posting - new or old. OR, create your own!

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Orvis Pro LT Hunting Vest

Postby Dmog » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:15 pm

I decided it was time to go to a strap style hunting vest this year. I was going back and forth on the $300 models(ie Pyke Gear, Hunt Redi, and Final Rise) with the knowledge of "cry once buy once" but availability and cost had me re think it. I went with the Orvis Pro LT Hunting Vest and it came in last week. Initial impression is looks and feels good. We shall see when we get it out hunting this weekend.

Anyone on here have experience with this vest? It looks like a new model.
You never have to tell a dog what time to be home, give them the keys, and they never ask for money.
Dmog
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Orvis Pro LT Hunting Vest

Postby Dmog » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:53 pm

Took the strap vest hunting a little this weekend. Didn't get to put it through an extend test but I like what I see so far. The water bottle holders held the water bottles secure and I could access them without taking the vest off. Once I learned about where they were I could get them back in place with one hand. Adjusted the front shell/phone pouches where I wanted them. First impression is I like the large flaps and shells do not fall out. Holds plenty of shells. You can put a whole box of shells in each pocket if you wanted. Zipper compartment just inside the pouch held my phone on one side and my camera on the other. Put my emergency first aid kit for dog and me in the back flap. You have to take the vest off to get to that compartment. Bird bag looks easy to access. It looks to be able to hold 3 pheasants maybe 4. I will have to have a more productive hunt to test that out. The waist belt cinched up tight and seemed to give nice light duty support. The top straps did not get in the way of shouldering the gun. I like that I was able to push the buckle for these down a little ways. Be better if they let you go even further down but adequate for me. Tried my Garmin Pro 550 plus attached to the strap D-ring and didn't like it there. I preferred it attached to the bottom of the shoulder strap to get it lower. Worked well there.

All in All, I like it and it is a nice upgrade from my Cabela's hunting vest. Spreads the load out better. I do not think it is as good as the Final Rise in that regard and time will tell how it holds up but at $160 vs $300, I'm going to find out. Plus I do not have to keep dropping shells out of my pockets of my vest when I bend over!
You never have to tell a dog what time to be home, give them the keys, and they never ask for money.
Dmog
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Orvis Pro LT Hunting Vest

Postby carramrod » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:27 am

If I didn't have a wing works vest, I'd have a Hunt Redi. I checked them out at pheasant fest this year, and they're really nice. I didn't get the trials of the field, but they're made out of some ridiculous material, plus the guys seemed to be good dudes (obviously since they had a couple drahts in the booth with them). They would be extremely durable.

My WW will probably last me my life time and it get's put through the paces, good weight distribution, but the empty vest itself is not light, once I get it fully loaded with water and a few shells it adds up quick.
carramrod
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Return to Product Reviews & Suggestions