Iowa pheasant season

Places to hunt, firearms to use, problems encountered

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Iowa pheasant season

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:02 pm

ANick wrote:MissK,
Come on. Give the ankle what it needs. If you were giving advice to the owner of a pup with a similar break, you'd have the pup on the 'ever improbable', activity diet of, "No jumping, no running, no horse-play, no.. well, really no nothing for XX weeks.", eh? (Any time I've heard that from a vet, I'm amazed they can say that with a straight face!)
If you promise not to chew on the cast or lick it too much, we won't insist on the Cone of Shame.. :)

Take care of that thing.

If I was a dog, I wouldn’t even splint this sucker. But then, dogs are born with built in crutches too :D

I’m amazed how wimpy humans are. My foot is every color purple and I’ve only got a tiny crack in my Fibula.
Vivian II vom Jagdkonig- VJP 71 HZP 191 VGP 262 Prize III
Arabella vom Hoheren Boden- VJP 74 HZP 181/189 VGP 281 Prize I
Harvest Moon Drahthaars- vom Herbstmond
Misskiwi67
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Stretch » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:05 pm

Not a bad start to the day. I missed the first one and connected on the next two. Good points and retrieves on all of them. On to the next spot maybe we can find some quail.
Attachments
0FF9EC62-230E-45D6-9C71-FB1C2366353A.jpeg
Stretch
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby jlw034 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:57 pm

Going back to IA for thanksgiving. Looking at trying to do a bit of pheasant hunting. Pulled up IA on Onx Maps, boy, what a desert of public land. Not sure it's even worth buying the short license. Any public land has to get pounded to death.
jlw034
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Stretch » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:52 pm

jlw034 wrote:Going back to IA for thanksgiving. Looking at trying to do a bit of pheasant hunting. Pulled up IA on Onx Maps, boy, what a desert of public land. Not sure it's even worth buying the short license. Any public land has to get pounded to death.

Depends on what part of the state you go to. Where I’m at very few people hunt upland or waterfowl and I pretty much have all the public to myself for upland and waterfowl. Deer hunting is a different story. Unless you have private ground to hunt your pretty much screwed. Rich out of town deer hunters have pretty much ruined everything around here. Wish they would all go back home.
Stretch
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Previous

Return to Hunting & Firearms