Snake avoidance.....

Pointing, retrieving, flushing, tracking, behavioral issues, puppy training, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Snake avoidance.....

Postby flitecontrol » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:37 pm

Drahthaar1108 wrote:Willie T, sorry for the late reply haven't been around a computer for a couple weeks.
I live in Eastern N.C. Hyde county , Lake Mattamuskeet . Thank You Forrest

Swanquarter? Englehard? New Holland? Fairfield (sp?)? Mattamuskeet NWR? Was there for two years back in the mid '70s.

In Hyde(pronounced Hoid by the locals) County, "You can have a hoi toime on a doime if the toid don't roise and if the toid roises, you can have a hoi toime on a doime. Translation: "You can have a high time on a dime if the tide don't rise, and if the tide rises, you can have a high time on a dime." No incorporated towns or traffic lights in Hyde county, or at least there weren't any when I was there.
I've had several really good dogs, but none were perfect. Neither am I, so keep that in mind!
flitecontrol
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby Drahthaar1108 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:03 pm

flitecontrol, hasn't change any since the 70's still no stop lights for 50 miles, nothing but corn & bean fields & water. Forrest
Drahthaar1108
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby flitecontrol » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:50 pm

And some pretty good fishing, both salt and fresh water. Saw quite a few catfish the locals, who considered most freshwater fish 'trash", had just thrown on the lake bank and left to rot. What a waste. While I was there, the blue crab populations were high. Think it was in the fall, they would swim the canals near the Lodge right at the surface, leaving a small wake behind them. I'd get in my canoe with a paddle, wire basket and a big cooler. Usually had it full to overflowing in 45 minutes or less. But the salt marsh mosquitoes could make being outside absolutely miserable at times. Had to wrap the outside kennels in screen wire to keep the mosquitoes off the dogs.
I've had several really good dogs, but none were perfect. Neither am I, so keep that in mind!
flitecontrol
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby Willie T » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:18 pm

Drahthaar1108 wrote:Willie T, sorry for the late reply haven't been around a computer for a couple weeks.
I live in Eastern N.C. Hyde county , Lake Mattamuskeet . Thank You Forrest

So much for that. I'm a Texan. Hopefully you are on high ground. Prayers up for you and the citizens of North Carolina as you guys weather Florence.
Willie T
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Drahthaar1108 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:53 pm

Willie t Thank you anyway, Thank you for the prayers.
Flitecontol, still plenty of crabs , big ones too. the mosquitoes were already bad this year and after this hurricane going to be tuff, but that's what you get when you live in a swamp. never seen anyone throw the catfish on the bank , we usually eat them. the mud fish is another story. Forrest
Drahthaar1108
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Previous

Return to Training