Lurker With a New Pup!

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Lurker With a New Pup!

Postby PatrickB » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:48 pm

Hey, everyone, I just wanted to say thank you to the folks on this forum (the contributors and the mods) for this resource. I've been lurking and reading and scrolling and learning around here for YEARS (long, common story: wanting a pup real bad and working/traveling too much to feel ethical about it), but I've left my high-stress job, work from home now, and just brought home a pudelpointer pup about eight days ago! Tig and I are excited about the adventures ahead, looking forward to seeing the rest of his body grow into those ginormous paws, and so, so fortunate to have this forum as a resource as we both learn and figure out how to be a team. I guess that's what I wanted to say: thanks for what you all have taught me already, and here's to what's ahead! Cheers, everyone.
PatrickB
Pup
Pup

Re: Lurker With a New Pup!

Postby Drahthaar1108 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:31 pm

Congratulations on the new pup, let the fun begin. Forrest
Drahthaar1108
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby orhunter » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:43 pm

Congratulations on the job modification that allows you to persue a new life direction.

We need a pup photo.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby 3drahthaars » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:47 pm

Congrats... PP is on my short list for next pup.
3drahthaars
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby PatrickB » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:54 pm

Orhunter, it never occurred to me to take any pictures of the little guy. Ha, riiiight! Just kidding, here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/66pssqij2kw8 ... KuZTa?dl=0
PatrickB
Pup
Pup

Postby AverageGuy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:08 pm

Welcome Aboard! Cute pup.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby marsh » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:59 pm

Congrats on the new pup and job!!! I work from home and my PP is extremely attached to me. He follows me everywhere. Where is your pup from?

Enjoy your pup and expose him to everything...
marsh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby PatrickB » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:04 pm

Marsh, he's from Bob Farris at Cedarwoods here in Boise, which is also where I live.

He's snoozing at my feet while I "work" right now, and it's a good arrangement for all concerned. I've also discovered that "expose your pup to everything" is a much more socially acceptable way of saying "drink a beer on a new patio each evening while children and strangers come oooh and ahh," and THAT realization has been a good arrangement for all concerned, as well. :idea:
PatrickB
Pup
Pup

Postby Willie T » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:56 pm

Congrats on the new pup. Lots of good dog people on this forum who are willing to share their knowledge. A lot of Pudelpointer owners as well. Enjoy the puppy phase while it lasts and take lots of pics. It won't last long.
Willie
Willie T
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby orhunter » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:21 pm

PB:

That will do......

Thought Bob sort of retired???? Guess not 100%...

You should have some Chukars and Huns to chase next winter. Shoulda been a good hatch, hope they survive.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby J D Patrick » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:26 am

welcome and nice pup! have fun!
J D Patrick
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby marsh » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:28 am

PatrickB wrote:Marsh, he's from Bob Farris at Cedarwoods here in Boise, which is also where I live.

He's snoozing at my feet while I "work" right now, and it's a good arrangement for all concerned. I've also discovered that "expose your pup to everything" is a much more socially acceptable way of saying "drink a beer on a new patio each evening while children and strangers come oooh and ahh," and THAT realization has been a good arrangement for all concerned, as well. :idea:

That works too!!! LOL. I took mine to our small town that we live in, went to farmers markets (got him used to the sounds, new/different areas and walking on lead with distractions). Started doing this when he was 10 weeks old. I also took him to the fields and woods and just let him explore almost daily. He loved it and it tired him out so he was content....

Good luck.
marsh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Meridiandave » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:26 am

You will have a ball. The timing seems to be close so I may know the dam very well. What is the breeding?
Meridiandave
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby PatrickB » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:36 am

Sire is Czar and dam is Rangr, I've never met him but she's awesome, a very cool dog to be around.
PatrickB
Pup
Pup

Return to General Discussion