PP breeder

Pointer and setter breed specific questions. Kennel information requests, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

PP breeder

Postby on_the_rock » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:14 am

Just joined this forum however I've been lurking as a guest for some time.

I'm from the extreme east coast of Canada (Newfoundland....I know, some will have to google it........it's the place mentioned in the musical Come from Away if your up on that stuff).

It seems the majority of discussions on this forum always revert to organization A, breeding club B, alliance C.......a lot of acronyms for a lot of stuff. Nothing wrong with that, however due to my geographic location many of this acronyms and organizations are none existant.

In my life I've hunted over many types of dogs. Common dogs here are english setters, gsp's, Gordon's. I've owned mostly beagles. Looking to change things up a bit. I'm considering a pudelpointer. My hunting is varied. From hare to waterfowl. My wife however, wants a dog that she can walk and is generally good in the house. From everything I've "read" the pudelpointer seems to fit the bill.

While some focus on acronyms, scores, etc. My requirements are simple. Here's what I'm looking for and wondering if anyone can oblige. I'd like a healthy dog, good temperament, medium in size, and can be a good hunting companion as well as a good family pet. I don't want to be on a 2 year wait list!!!!

Any info and advice on breeders would be great.

Thanks
OtR
on_the_rock
Pup
Pup

Re: PP breeder

Postby marsh » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:55 pm

Love my Pudelpointer... He is great in the house and hunts everything I want to...

I would call this breeder:

Fin Renard Kennels
Dany Dulac
St-Nicolas, Qc Canada
(418)-836-1312
pudelpointer@gmail.com
www.pudelpointer.com
marsh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby on_the_rock » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:39 pm

Thanks. Is this where you got your dog?
on_the_rock
Pup
Pup

Postby marsh » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:12 am

No- My pup came from Ripsnorters Kennel in Ohio. His sire is out of the Fin Renard stock however. My boy, Olaf, is a black PP... His sire is Fin... https://www.ripsnorter.net/fin

The only other PP breeder I know of in Eastern Canada is Pineridge PPs. I have heard some people had some bad dealings with the owner- but all seem to like the pups that they have gotten though.
Last edited by marsh on Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marsh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby on_the_rock » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:10 pm

Thanks again.

I've read that the black colour also produces a smoother coat. Is this the case with your dog?

Pine ridge is more in central Canada(Ontario). I'm as eastern as you can get. 3 days drive to Ontario including 8 hour ferry ride. I've emailed him but have received no rep,y thus far.
on_the_rock
Pup
Pup

Postby marsh » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:47 pm

No- the black coat from Fin and my dog are about the same... It was judged med dense, Medium harsh in his testing... Hope you have some luck with Fin Renard.
marsh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Return to Pointers