The Hunting Dog Podcast

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: The Hunting Dog Podcast

Postby booger » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:11 am

Best gun dog show ever was Dan Hosford's working man's retriever IMO.

I checked out the hunting dog podcast and like it, thanks for the heads up.
booger
Pup
Pup

Postby Wilkey » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:33 pm

A big thank you for enlightenment of this podcast. :?: I have enjoyed each episode and has helped me deal with a prize II NA test. I will be sending some cash for his efforts.
Wilkey
Started
Started

Postby JONOV » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:45 pm

jlw034 wrote:
Sooty42 wrote:
jlw034 wrote:He had one comment that initially irked me, but now I think was spot on. Something about dog hunters are more interested in the dogs than the hunt.

Yeah...Its true, you don't get it til you get it. I got a dog because I like to hunt and just as often now I find I hunt because I like going out with my dog...When you find yourself not shooting birds that the dog bumped or whatever on a trip you've spent $$$ to go on you find that you've crossed over.

There are a few that I found really valuable. The episodes interviewing trainers are all good. The Gary Lester interview I found to be extremely illuminating from a broad perspective. He talked about pups chasing birds, pups taking out birds, choosing which dog would be successful, and honestly its the type of thing that really makes you relax. If he's sold two National Champions after he and his guys didn't think they'd make the cut (after keeping them for months,) then you agonize a little less about the individual puppies in a litter.
JONOV
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussion