Performance exhaust on your dog hauler

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Performance exhaust on your dog hauler

Postby verno » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:24 pm

This just occured to me the other day. I have to repair my exhuast. I've been drooling over the rumble of some of the performance cat back systems out there. I'm not 18 so I'm not looking for anything that will annoy the neighbours, but something growly. It got me thinking. The pup spends a lot of time in the crate in the back of the truck. Anyone have any feedback on their experience with an aftermarket exhaust and pups in the back of the truck? Just wondering if the being stuck back there and the loud exhaust can cause problems. She's done the NA test and is not gun shy.
verno
Pup
Pup

Re: Performance exhaust on your dog hauler

Postby 3drahthaars » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:13 pm

I wouldn't be so much concerned with gun sensitivity as much as hearing in general.

Dogs seem to lose hearing starting at age 10-11± years. Mine really faded at 12... I exercise caution in where my pup is whenever I get into position to shoot... blank, RetrievRTrainer, shotgun, ANYTHING.
3drahthaars
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: Performance exhaust on your dog hauler

Postby verno » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:39 pm

The hearing thing is kind of what I was getting at. I mention not being gun shy on her NA test only to say that she, to this point, doesn't appear sensitive to sound. But I wonder if anyone with a louder exhaust has had any problems, either over the long term like you mention 3drahts or more short term after a long drive. Maybe they don't rest so well or other problems listening to the constant drone.
verno
Pup
Pup

Return to General Discussion