Garmin Alpha 100 + tt15 collar Simm Sensitivity

Pointing, retrieving, flushing, tracking, behavioral issues, puppy training, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Garmin Alpha 100 + tt15 collar Simm Sensitivity

Postby mastercaster » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:41 pm

I ended up just recently getting the Dogtra 2500 B&T unit for my 15 month old griff because at the time I didn't know if I want to buy such an expensive unit (Alpha/TT15 combo) but now I'm second guessing myself whether I should have gotten the GPS unit instead. How do you guys feel about the 2500 as a hunting and training unit?
mastercaster
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Coveyrise64 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:40 am

AverageGuy wrote:My "Map" menu works nothing like as shown in that 6 year old video. More importantly, 4 layers deep when an option for "Button Lock" appears, selecting it disables the training buttons entirely. It does not "lock" the training buttons as set while also leaving them available for use.

I use the Setup Menu, Training Buttons set to Manual Lock and then lock the screen to get to where I know the training buttons are set as I want them but they are still operable, and no brushes to the touchscreen can alter the settings.

Clear as Mud now Folks?

Covey Rise, MissKiwi, a Buddy in SD are three persons I hunt with, and we all use the Alpha while hunting successfully and find the positives outweigh the negatives. Reviews echo that across a bunch of other folks.

But when I am into a stage of training where Stimulation is frequently used at varying levels based on in the moment responses from the dog, I strap the 550 on ...

Here is a simple way to manually lock the training buttons....lot easier than using the System Set-up Menu.

Doesn't make any difference which screen you are viewing. Anytime you use one of the Alpha buttons the screen below will display.....at the bottom there is a menu icon that will also be shown.
-
20180428_104911-x (450x800).jpg

Opening the menu there is a selection at the bottom to "Lock Buttons".
-
20180428_104922 (450x800).jpg

As noted earlier locking the buttons disables any functions assigned to the buttons. When any button is pushed a message will appear that reminds the operator the buttons are locked and gives an option to unlock.
-
20180428_105049 (450x800).jpg
VC TJ's Highfalutin Hawkeye MH, UTI

VC TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTI R.I.P. 5/13/03-10/15/14

Thunderhead's All Jacked Up R.I.P. "My Buddy" 9/9/09-1/27/14

"I'd rather train for perfection than fix the problems of mediocrity" ~ Me

"There are always going to be those who prefer to freeze in the dark rather than put forth the effort to light a fire." ~ Lvrdg07
Coveyrise64
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby GONEHUNTIN' » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:20 pm

After all the comments about the complexity of the alpha, I'm damned glad I don't own one. I have using touch screen anyhow.
I just hate seeing birds die of natural causes unless I'm that natural cause.
GONEHUNTIN'
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Previous

Return to Training