Dogtra 1900s or Arc or ???

Pointing, retrieving, flushing, tracking, behavioral issues, puppy training, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Dogtra 1900s or Arc or ???

Postby mastercaster » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:43 pm

If you were in the market for a new e collar which one would you buy? I've been looking at Dogtra and Tritronics but I've now heard that since Garmin took them over Tritronics they're not as good as they used to be. Any truth to that? I'm thinking on getting either the Dogtra 1900s or the Arc (with the additional handless control). Anybody use either of these models,,,,which one of the two would you buy?
mastercaster
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: Dogtra 1900s or Arc or ???

Postby Dakotazeb » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:47 am

I've been a Dogtra fan for quite a few years. I have no experience with either of the collars you are looking at, but unless you are really sold on the ARC I would go with the 1900S because it has a pager. Not sure how useful the handsfree feature would really be.
Janees August Breeze - Bree
http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree. ... erations=5

Godfather's Dakota Elle
1X NSTRA Champion
2008-2016
http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree. ... erations=5
Dakotazeb
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Dogtra 1900s or Arc or ???

Postby mastercaster » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:53 pm

Dakotazeb wrote:I've been a Dogtra fan for quite a few years. I have no experience with either of the collars you are looking at, but unless you are really sold on the ARC I would go with the 1900S because it has a pager. Not sure how useful the handsfree feature would really be.

I ended up order the 2500 T&B but I was torn between getting it or the Edge RT,,,,,same price. I figure since I do a lot of grouse hunting in the heavy timber that's along the skinny grouse roads where I hunt up her in BC a beeper that tells me when she's on point would be a good function to have, as well as the function that gives you general location if i need to turn that on. The Edge RT has the vibration mode but I'm not really sure if and how much I would have used that function.
mastercaster
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Return to Training