Picture says it all.Part Duo

Pointing, retrieving, flushing, tracking, behavioral issues, puppy training, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Picture says it all.Part Duo

Postby SMAbby » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:27 pm

:lol: :lol: Yup, it was one of those days! I will probably be lucky if I dont get menegitis,hepetitis,bullfrogliceitis, tetnus, rabies, blasto and lepto. Loved the feel of the sucky silt mud between my toes!
About died when she tried to sit in the water and present the duck. Love this dog. She has pushed me to think out of the box and train differently than I did with any other of my dogs. She taught me that kicking dog ass when they screw up isnt always the answer.....although I always knew that in theory. :lol:

And yes, after walking all the way to the back of the marsh and back, I thought I was going to die!

New picture of new training day.
Last edited by SMAbby on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VC Max vom Schutzenknapp VJP 75, HZP190, VGP 303 PI 4H Nose, NA 112, UT 204 Invite 196
Baja vom Wamsbach VJP 64, HZP 169, NA 112
Anka vom Loofkamp VJP 66, HZP 139,HZP 172, NA 112
Krystal Creeks Untamed Spirit ( Abby) NA 93 Prize III UT 200 Prize II
SMAbby
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: Picture says it all.

Postby Constructeur » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:30 pm

swamp thing!
Constructeur
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Picture says it all.Part Duo

Postby Coveyrise64 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:49 pm

SMAbby wrote:New picture of new training day.

More ducks need to be put out....the more ducks she finds and chases the less important the frogs become. Don't hobble the ducks too much, the more they move the more excitement is created.

t
VC TJ's Highfalutin Hawkeye MH, UTI

VC TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTI R.I.P. 5/13/03-10/15/14

Thunderhead's All Jacked Up R.I.P. "My Buddy" 9/9/09-1/27/14

"I'd rather train for perfection than fix the problems of mediocrity" ~ Me

"There are always going to be those who prefer to freeze in the dark rather than put forth the effort to light a fire." ~ Lvrdg07
Coveyrise64
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby ANick » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:17 pm

I may need to clean my glasses, but I don't see hobbles on this duck.

Coveyrise64 wrote:
SMAbby wrote:New picture of new training day.

More ducks need to be put out....the more ducks she finds and chases the less important the frogs become. Don't hobble the ducks too much, the more they move the more excitement is created.

t
ANick
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby SMAbby » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:20 pm

We actually were not duck searching. Just out for a run along a pond after some field work. What was funny is she came running up to me and sat to present it. :lol:
VC Max vom Schutzenknapp VJP 75, HZP190, VGP 303 PI 4H Nose, NA 112, UT 204 Invite 196
SMAbby
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby jlw034 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:51 pm

Thanks for the laugh!
jlw034
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby marysburg » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:56 pm

Love the pics. Glad you were able to remain upright. It's awful when you tip over in loon poo.
marysburg
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby AverageGuy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:16 am

I ran my 18 month pup in a UT test a month ago. We trained hard through the summer for it. The drought dried up the marsh where they were going to run the Duck search so a last minute decision moved it to a large flooded standing and downed timber lake. There was a great deal of horizontal floating and submerged down timber requiring a dog to struggle over it in swimming depth water many times in order to keep advancing and searching. Far more difficult water than I have seen in a test anywhere else.

So we drove 3 hours one way with ducks and my 8ft boat to work on duck search. Unloaded the boat, paddle, life jacket, ducks, gun, shells, bird bags ... And started dragging the loaded boat through head high weeds/grass a quarter of a mile to the waters edge. As I was stepping into the boat to begin setting out the ducks I noticed the plug (which I then realized I had failed to screw in before beginning the drag) had apparently pulled out and was hopelessly lost.

No way I was going to drive 3 hours back home without doing the training I had set out to do. So I put on the life jacket and began wading, crawling, swimming ...

What we do to train our dogs. Good luck in your upcoming tests.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby SMAbby » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:11 pm

:lol: :lol:
Dedication!

AverageGuy wrote:I ran my 18 month pup in a UT test a month ago. We trained hard through the summer for it. The drought dried up the marsh where they were going to run the Duck search so a last minute decision moved it to a large flooded standing and downed timber lake. There was a great deal of horizontal floating and submerged down timber requiring a dog to struggle over it in swimming depth water many times in order to keep advancing and searching. Far more difficult water than I have seen in a test anywhere else.

So we drove 3 hours one way with ducks and my 8ft boat to work on duck search. Unloaded the boat, paddle, life jacket, ducks, gun, shells, bird bags ... And started dragging the loaded boat through head high weeds/grass a quarter of a mile to the waters edge. As I was stepping into the boat to begin setting out the ducks I noticed the plug (which I then realized I had failed to screw in before beginning the drag) had apparently pulled out and was hopelessly lost.

No way I was going to drive 3 hours back home without doing the training I had set out to do. So I put on the life jacket and began wading, crawling, swimming ...

What we do to train our dogs. Good luck in your upcoming tests.
SMAbby
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby smellofcordite » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:26 pm

Your second picture cracked me up OP, your pup is adorable.
smellofcordite
Pup
Pup

Return to Training