Pasadena, CA: Proposed mandatory spay/neuter law

Local, state, national, and international public policies as they relate to hunting, animals, dogs, and the outdoors. Act now to protect our rights and interests!

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Pasadena, CA: Proposed mandatory spay/neuter law

Postby spinster » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:24 am

Pasadena, CA to Consider Mandatory Spay/Neuter Monday, July 14th - OPPOSITION NEEDED!
(Wednesday, July 09, 2014)

AKC Government Relations has learned that the Pasadena City Council will conduct a public hearing and vote on a proposed ordinance to require the sterilization of all dogs within the city limits. AKC encourages responsible dog owners and breeders to attend this meeting and oppose this burdensome ordinance.

The agenda with a final copy of the ordinance will likely not be released until late Thursday. The AKC GR will provide a detailed analysis of the measure once it is available...

Read more: http://www.akc.org/press_center/article ... le_id=5571
spinster
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Pasadena, CA: Proposed mandatory spay/neuter law

Postby barkster » Tue May 24, 2016 9:00 pm

I have mixed feelings about this type of legislation. On one hand we want to reduce the number of dogs which are killed every day due to overpopulated shelters, but I can see the point of the opposition as well.

I know there are some real health concerns with spay/neuter. Although most vets say that the procedure has positive health outcomes. There is information which points to the contrary.

Perhaps we should focus on eliminating back yard breeders instead by making it illegal to sell dogs and cats. Maybe we should create a licence which one needs to get to become an authorized breeder. If we cut the monetary incentive, the problem will solve itself. Just my two cents.
barkster
Pup
Pup

Re: Pasadena, CA: Proposed mandatory spay/neuter law

Postby Misskiwi67 » Wed May 25, 2016 3:39 pm

Most veterinary organizations do NOT support mandatory spay/neuter.

As long as people are willing to pay $2,000 for a puppy mill dog, they will continue to exist.
Vivian II vom Jagdkonig- VJP 71 HZP 191 VGP 262 Prize III
Arabella vom Hoheren Boden- VJP 74 HZP 181/189 VGP 281 Prize I
Misskiwi67
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to Legislation and Laws