Lies, Damned Lies, and ‘Fact Checking’

Local, state, national, and international public policies as they relate to hunting, animals, dogs, and the outdoors. Act now to protect our rights and interests!

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Lies, Damned Lies, and ‘Fact Checking’

Postby mbulg » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:57 am

I've seen Snopes.com listed a few times on this site as a reference. Trying to cross check information to verify truth is a good thing. I wish more people would try to get their facts straight before passing on errant information. And this being an election year, with huge Second Amendment ramifications at stake, getting accurate information is all the more important.

Now there are a few sites out there that pose as neutral independent fact checks, but actually have a strong bias. Below are MY list of sites that have a bias, tell half truths, and probably need a fact check themselves.

Snopes.com
Media Matters
Fact Check.org
Political Correction.org
PolitiFact

I'm sure I missed a few, but for more information:
http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/ ... tml?page=1
Last edited by mbulg on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mbulg
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: Lies, Damned Lies, and ‘Fact Checking’

Postby DesertPP » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:53 am

Just about everything we read is tainted by the writer's bias whether itentionally or simply because their perception is their reallity. Best thing to do is get your info from multiple sources. often time the lies are lies of ommission were just a fewe detials are left out to skew the story when you compare both sides these discrepencies stand out and give you a place look when searching original stories for the truth.

When it comes to the Second amendment it does not get much simpler than "Shall Not"
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
DesertPP
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to Legislation and Laws