RI: Proposed confinement law- outside kennels

Local, state, national, and international public policies as they relate to hunting, animals, dogs, and the outdoors. Act now to protect our rights and interests!

Moderator: Moderator Pack

RI: Proposed confinement law- outside kennels

Postby spinster » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:12 am

RI House to Consider Restrictive Confinement Laws TOMORROW (6/5)
[Monday, June 04, 2012]

Rhode Island House Bill 7663 will likely be considered by the Rhode Island House of Representatives TOMORROW (Tuesday, June 5). In addition to other provisions regarding the keeping of dogs, this bill would make it a violation for a person to keep a dog outside for more than 14 hours during any 24-hour period.

It is possible that as currently written, this could restrict anyone who leaves a dog in any shelter for more than 14 hours – even if during that time the owner does allow the dog out for exercise, etc. As currently written, this would likely include temporary crating at all dog events and at home,with the exception of hunting and field trials, which are exempted from these provisions...

Read more: http://www.akc.org/news/index.cfm?article_id=4667
spinster
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: RI: Proposed confinement law- outside kennels

Postby spinster » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:20 am

...House Bill 7663 has passed the Rhode Island House. It now moves to the Senate who is already considering a similar bill, Senate Bill 2035. Sportsmen and dog owners in Rhode Island need to contact their state senators today or risk losing their rights...

Read more at Ammoland.com: http://www.ammoland.com/2012/06/07/two- ... z1xIXT1qdQ
spinster
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby JIM K » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:09 pm

laws have shut down backyard breeders in pa this year.HSUS was behind this with ricky santoruim.
but their REAL agenda IS TO STOP BREEDING ALL TOGETHER.including farm animals.
PGC is destroying our deer hunting here in pa.they are backed by HSUS and other enviro groups.
unless we start reaching into our pockets,THIS WILL CONTINUE.
they are spending money but WE ARE NOT.

i seen people by a toyota truck because it was 500 dollars cheaper over chevy truck even tho they knew they were putting a usa worker out of job.

greed has taken over now and your info is just start. :evil:
JIM K
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby ryanr » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:42 pm

Rick Santorum hasn't held a political office in several years and I think he was too busy running for the Republican nomination to have much to do with legislation that was intended to stop puppy mill breeders. Just like this RI bill a number of this proposed legislation originally has good intentions to better protect the dogs but a # of these legislators do not realize the ulterior motives of the HSUS and don't understand the ramifications of the fine print for their constituents.

The PGC is not backed by nor in league with the HSUS, that's nonsense. The apGC is also not ruining our deer herd at all, they are working to bring balance back to our forests and deer herd and if you ask me they're doing a pretty good job of it. I hope we never go back to the days of seeing 30-40 skinny deer in nearly every field or patch of state forest. I much prefer to hunt for healthy deer, buck or does. In the last 3 opening days I've seen 11, 32, & 18 deer and it wasn't all in special regs units either.

Pretty sure Toyota trucks are made in America nowadays by American workers.

I do agree with you though that the HSUS ultimate goal is to stop all breeding of all dogs and all domestic animals for that matter.
ryanr
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby JIM K » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:06 pm

we all have info. mine is FACT. but thing is we have some on here that like TO TEAR down what others say.some follow members from topic to topic to DISAGREE. :(
i have no problem with it UNLESS it starts chasing people away from this board.
i have seen people leaving this board do to this. :shock:

maybe those people SHOULD start just giving their opinion on topic NOT try to respond and try to prove someones FACTS are wrong.

lets try to give comments to TOPIC not the person responding. 8)

not being smart but a little FACTS.

www.marshalltribune.com/story/1818048.html
JIM K
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby ryanr » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:50 pm

I did post my opinion and my opinion of Pennsylvania and Pennsylvania hunting differs from yours. You seem to like to paint things negatively with a broad brush. Anything you hear, rumor or story, gets magnified into the whole state is doing it and I'm sorry f I don't agree with it. Not all animal welfare laws are bad and there's enough backyard breeders out there that I would never want to get a pup from. There are too man dog owners that get a dog and then treat it as a lawn ornament. The dog is kept constantly on a chain or in a chainlink kennel with very little interaction except to be fed & watered.
ryanr
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby spinster » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:19 am

Action Needed Now: Dangerous Rhode Island Bills Sent to Gov. Chafee for Approval
[Thursday, June 14, 2012]

Rhode Island Senate Bill 2035 and House Bill 7663 have been forwarded to Gov. Lincoln Chafee for his signature or veto. Among other provisions, these bills would make it unlawful for dog owners to keep a dog confined in a pen, cage, or other shelter for more than 14 hours, including non-concurrent periods, within a 24-hour period. The American Kennel Club believes these bills, if either is signed into law, will have an enormously negative impact on responsible Rhode Island dog owners or those who visit Rhode Island for dog events. It is imperative that individuals concerned with these dangerous bills contact Governor Chafee’s office and respectfully request that the Governor veto both bills.

Read more: http://www.akc.org/news/index.cfm?article_id=4677
spinster
Master Poster
Master Poster

Return to Legislation and Laws