Duck Pond

Got a story to tell and photo to prove it? Post it here!

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Duck Pond

Postby mtlhdr » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:51 am

Took this photo with my cell phone yesterday of one of the public land jump shootin' ponds that I like to visit. The water levels haven't recovered from 4 years of drought but it's getting there. It didn't offer up any birds this day but it did this photo op...

mtlhdr
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: Duck Pond

Postby AverageGuy » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:07 pm

Nice. Looks like it might be a difficult sneak depending on where the ducks are?
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby blue04 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:52 pm

Sort of looks like a golf course :-)
blue04
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby mtlhdr » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:30 am

AverageGuy wrote:Looks like it might be a difficult sneak depending on where the ducks are?

If it's full and the ducks are up either arm, they're too far for a decent shot. Otherwise, there's a dam face that provides the cover. This area is a former cattle ranch and all of the ponds were formed by earthen dams.

blue04 wrote:Sort of looks like a golf course

You're kinda right. There was a big fire out there this summer (you can see a good and scorched area in the upper left). Thankfully the fire spared a lot of the habitat but it did burn a lot of the undergrowth and weeds. With the rains we've had so far, regrowth has started and put a nice layer of green on the ground in places.
mtlhdr
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby LongHammer » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:25 pm

Really cool looking photo. I could sit under that tree all day ducks or no ducks.
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln
LongHammer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Return to Your Photos