Beneful dog food

Recalled dog foods and related-products

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Beneful dog food

Postby MFRsm » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:09 pm

No recall here but something to think about. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/lawsuit-claims-purina-beneful-pet-food-sickens-kills-dogs/ I suspect this is more an issue in the strictly pet market rather than the working/performance dog group. I wonder how many other products contain it?
MFRsm
Started
Started

Re: Beneful dog food

Postby Huntin4fun » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:57 pm

Reports of beneful sickening dogs has been around for quite a while now. Will be interesting to see how this turns out.
Huntin4fun
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby Misskiwi67 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:10 pm

The lawsuit is ridiculous. They are suing over propylene glycol, an ingredient found in a lot of foods, both canine and human. Someone is hoping to get some money out of this and I hope Purina doesn't give them a cent.
Vivian II vom Jagdkonig- VJP 71 HZP 191 VGP 262 Prize III
Arabella vom Hoheren Boden- VJP 74 HZP 181/189 VGP 281 Prize I
Misskiwi67
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Huntin4fun » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:42 am

Purina's statement:

First and foremost, there are no quality issues with Beneful. Beneful is a high quality, nutritious food enjoyed by millions of dogs every day. In fact, in 2014, nearly 1.5 billion Beneful meals were served to millions of happy, healthy dogs who enjoy and thrive on this food.

Recently, a class action lawsuit was filed against Beneful in Northern California. We believe the lawsuit is baseless, and we intend to vigorously defend ourselves and our brand. Beneful had two previous class action suits filed in recent years with similar baseless allegations, and both were dismissed by the courts. Class action suits are common in business these days. They are not indicative of a product issue.

Beneful is backed by Purina's strict quality controls and comprehensive food safety program.

Like other pet foods, Beneful is occasionally the subject of social media-driven misinformation. On-line postings often contain false, unsupported and misleading allegations that cause undue concern and confusion for our Beneful customers.

Bottom line: Consumers can continue to feed Beneful with total confidence.

At Purina we're passionate about pets. We encourage anyone with a comment or question about Purina to contact us directly at the toll-free number on every package. For answers to FAQs about Beneful, go to https://www.beneful.com/frequently-asked-questions
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader ... ZJqYUEF.99
Huntin4fun
Seasoned
Seasoned

Return to Recalls