Primary use of DD in Germany?

DKV and VDD, etc

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Primary use of DD in Germany?

Postby 3drahthaars » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:28 pm

Misskiwi67 wrote:
Densa44 wrote:I have a question too. If it is O.K. in this post.

I personally have zero interest in any fur bearing animal, I bought the dog to get some new genetics. When she is hunting birds and cuts a rabbit track she goes off at light speed barking after the rabbit. She is still a pup and I get she has no idea what I'm hunting, how do you recall her when she is hot on a track? Use the collar?

Just recall her. A good recall means she will come back regardless of what is going on. I don't care if a family of rabbits is dancing a jig, my dog better come when I call. Since we DO follow fur, I will recall, then use ecollar if she doesn't immediately respond. Then she is getting e-stim for not listening, not for chasing fur. My dog will recall off a rabbit sight chase.

This brings up the subject of "cooperation"... if you note the examples of a very cooperative dog in the PO it mentions a dog that will break off a sight chase and return to its handler...

Just another thing a perfect versatile dog has in its tool bag that makes life and hunting so much easier...

My rule of thumb is that you need a really driven dog with a hard search to determine the "11" in cooperation...

3ds
3drahthaars
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Previous

Return to German and European Testing Systems