HZP questions

DKV and VDD, etc

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: HZP questions

Postby CohanseyDD » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:56 am

GNA has roughly 1250 members. Group Canada is less, but I do not know the number.
CohanseyDD
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby huntinmo » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:10 am

vom Dufenshmirtz wrote:so GNA and Canada are two independent groups under the German club. Interesting.
I see VDD Canada was started in 1974 and officially recognized in 84, GNA lists 1971 as start date.
How many dogs and people are in both?

Yes, GNA and GC are DD breed clubs and do not support breeding activities across international borders although members can join whichever one Group they wish with that stipulation. Number of dogs is anyones' guess, some people have more than one for various reasons. GNA has had a steady growth rate and now has 1,250+ members, which is about 10% of the total members in VDD. GC has about 50+ members and that number has stayed fairly steady. Of course, not all members are active breeders and some just want to support the club so that there will be quality pups available for the next time that they need a new hunting companion.
Interesting, are you considering a DD for you next pup? :wink:
huntinmo
Started
Started

Postby vom Dufenshmirtz » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:32 am

nah, I don't like bearded dogs, I have two Kleine Munsterlanders.
The young one is from Germany and will test in HZP this fall.
vom Dufenshmirtz
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Wolfgang » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:51 am

vom Dufenshmirtz wrote:nah, I don't like bearded dogs, I have two Kleine Munsterlanders.

Which kennel is the young one from? What part of germany?
Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby 3drahthaars » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:19 pm

Wolfgang wrote:
vom Dufenshmirtz wrote:nah, I don't like bearded dogs, I have two Kleine Munsterlanders.

Which kennel is the young one from? What part of germany?

I'd be interested in that, too.

I judge a couple of KMs, and was intrigued with the breed. The guy I judged with had them for 20 years before switching over to PPs in the 60s.

At any rate, I always see people whom I think the KM is a better choice of the breeds.

3ds
3drahthaars
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby vom Dufenshmirtz » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:10 pm

PMed both of you.

Rumour has it Bodo Winterhelt wanted to breed KlM. JGHV acronyms the breed KM, but I am more used to KlM.
vom Dufenshmirtz
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Wolfgang » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:26 am

vom Dufenshmirtz wrote:PMed both of you.

Rumour has it Bodo Winterhelt wanted to breed KlM. JGHV acronyms the breed KM, but I am more used to KlM.

Thanks for the pm.Everybody here uses KLM as shortcut btw.
Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby 3drahthaars » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:23 pm

huntinmo wrote:
vom Dufenshmirtz wrote:so GNA and Canada are two independent groups under the German club. Interesting.
I see VDD Canada was started in 1974 and officially recognized in 84, GNA lists 1971 as start date.
How many dogs and people are in both?

Yes, GNA and GC are DD breed clubs and do not support breeding activities across international borders although members can join whichever one Group they wish with that stipulation. Number of dogs is anyones' guess, some people have more than one for various reasons. GNA has had a steady growth rate and now has 1,250+ members, which is about 10% of the total members in VDD. GC has about 50+ members and that number has stayed fairly steady. Of course, not all members are active breeders and some just want to support the club so that there will be quality pups available for the next time that they need a new hunting companion.
Interesting, are you considering a DD for you next pup? :wink:

But, GNA is limited to 1000 votes in all VDD concerns... so, 250+ GNA members pay dues but have no valid (countable) vote in the parent club's business.

You'd be better off in Group Canada... your vote would count, and your beer mugs might be cheaper, too! :wink:

3ds
3drahthaars
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby huntinmo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:56 pm

[quote="3drahthaars
But, GNA is limited to 1000 votes in all VDD concerns... so, 250+ GNA members pay dues but have no valid (countable) vote in the parent club's business.

You'd be better off in Group Canada... your vote would count, and your beer mugs might be cheaper, too! :wink: 3ds[/quote]

However, with 1,000 votes GNA is still the largest Group in VDD, and in JGHV there is no such restriction. Does Group Canada even get a vote since vote is per 100 members, well, ok, maybe half a vote?
For some people I guess it is not about the dogs, just about the politics. :cry:
huntinmo
Started
Started

Postby KenDD » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:02 am

Group Canada has 100 members, 15 associate members and 1 youth member. For the last number of years the membership has hovered around the 100 mark.
KenDD
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Duckdon » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:55 am

But, GNA is limited to 1000 votes in all VDD concerns... so, 250+ GNA members pay dues but have no valid (countable) vote in the parent club's business

But really?
Don and Crew
Forgive me for being arrogant. I own 4 Drahthaars.
Tundramoor Drahthaar Kennel
Don Lietzau, Chugiak, Alaska
Duckdon
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Sconniedrahts » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:40 am

Duckdon wrote:But, GNA is limited to 1000 votes in all VDD concerns... so, 250+ GNA members pay dues but have no valid (countable) vote in the parent club's business

But really?
Don and Crew

Yes, this is in the VDD by-laws. Rule §15 1b. The by-laws are posted on the members' section of the GNA website.
Sconniedrahts
Started
Started

Postby DrahtsundBraats » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:32 am

This has been known and discussed before. With 11,000 members, I doubt the influence of GNA is affected at all. The Bylaws also provide a method by which members may apply to form a new group if they feel it necessary. To be honest, I feel we have greater concerns.
DrahtsundBraats
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby 3drahthaars » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:02 pm

DrahtsundBraats wrote:This has been known and discussed before. With 11,000 members, I doubt the influence of GNA is affected at all. The Bylaws also provide a method by which members may apply to form a new group if they feel it necessary. To be honest, I feel we have greater concerns.

I think that we've hi-jacked this thread, and mia culpa...

With that... Jon, maybe you should start a new thread and formalize your platform of the greater concerns. However, even at only 10% of VDD, a member of GNA in good standing should have the same vote as any other member in Germany. And, conceding that vote sends a signal that we're 2nd class compared to the "continental" membership.

Bob
3drahthaars
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Previous

Return to German and European Testing Systems