What is this Declaration?

DKV and VDD, etc

Moderator: Moderator Pack

What is this Declaration?

Postby Duckdon » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:18 pm

So I get this from my chapter and I am supposed to sign it. Please tell me that we, as members of VDD-GNA voted on this project or that it's some sort of hoax.

DECLARATION

My name is . I am competent to give this declaration and I affirm under penalty of perjury that I have personal knowledge of the facts described below and they are true and correct.
1. I am a hunting dog enthusiast and have been actively involved in the hunting dog community in the United States for __________ years.
2. I am familiar with the breed of hunting dog known as the “Deutsch-Drahthaar.” The Deutsch-Drahthaar breed originally was developed by a group of breeders in Germany and the breed’s characteristics have been defined and enforced by the German organization Verein Deutsch-Drahthaar (VDD) since May 1902.
3. In the United States, the American organization Verein Deutsch-Drahthaar Group North America (VDD-GNA), through its affiliation with the parent German organization, VDD, enforces the breeding and testing standards for the Deutsch-Drahthaar breed in North America.
4. When I hear the term “Deutsch-Drahthaar,” I exclusively associate that term with VDD, VDD-GNA, and the JGHV testing system (which has been adopted by VDD and VDD-GNA) and know that these dogs have been certified to meet the standards for that breed as defined by VDD and enforced by VDD-GNA in North America.

Printed Name

Date

What good would it be for me to sign anything I know nothing about?
Don and Crew
Forgive me for being arrogant. I own 4 Drahthaars.
Tundramoor Drahthaar Kennel
Don Lietzau, Chugiak, Alaska
Duckdon
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: What is this Declaration?

Postby Wolfgang » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:53 am

Duckdon wrote:So I get this from my chapter and I am supposed to sign it. Please tell me that we, as members of VDD-GNA voted on this project or that it's some sort of hoax.

DECLARATION

My name is . I am competent to give this declaration and I affirm under penalty of perjury that I have personal knowledge of the facts described below and they are true and correct.
1. I am a hunting dog enthusiast and have been actively involved in the hunting dog community in the United States for __________ years.
2. I am familiar with the breed of hunting dog known as the “Deutsch-Drahthaar.” The Deutsch-Drahthaar breed originally was developed by a group of breeders in Germany and the breed’s characteristics have been defined and enforced by the German organization Verein Deutsch-Drahthaar (VDD) since May 1902.
3. In the United States, the American organization Verein Deutsch-Drahthaar Group North America (VDD-GNA), through its affiliation with the parent German organization, VDD, enforces the breeding and testing standards for the Deutsch-Drahthaar breed in North America.
4. When I hear the term “Deutsch-Drahthaar,” I exclusively associate that term with VDD, VDD-GNA, and the JGHV testing system (which has been adopted by VDD and VDD-GNA) and know that these dogs have been certified to meet the standards for that breed as defined by VDD and enforced by VDD-GNA in North America.

Printed Name

Date

Don and Crew

:shock: :oops: :?: Can't wait to hear the response and the reasoning :wink:
Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby GRIFF MAN » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:15 am

What....they don't want your DNA sample and breeding rights on your first born child...Geez, rookie club :D :lol:
GRIFF MAN * LOVING LIFE AND MY GRIFF!

Aspen Glo's Kennels
Wirehaired Pointing Griffons
www.aspenglokennel.com
GRIFF MAN
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Freeze » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:33 am

Duckdon,

There was an email sent to VDD-GNA members on June 18th explaining the document.

This is completely voluntary and is not required.
I have no idea if it was voted on.

PM me your email and I can forward the email.

Thanks,
Freeze
Freeze
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Deuce » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:04 am

I really thought this was a clever hoax...

Looking forward to the powers that be's response.
Deuce
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Chadwick » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:59 am

This is one of the weirder things that I have seen from a dog club. It's kind of creepy...
Chadwick
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Misskiwi67 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:32 am

I've been a member for 2 years and received no such e-mails, neither to inform me of the option nor to ask me to sign the document.
Vivian II vom Jagdkonig- VJP 71 HZP 191 VGP 262 Prize III
Arabella vom Hoheren Boden- VJP 74 HZP 181/189 VGP 281 Prize I
Misskiwi67
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby CohanseyDD » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:03 am

The form was sent out in an effort to gather information on the "Trademark" of Deutsch Drahthaar name/logo. It's all over FB is you care to search there.
CohanseyDD
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Freeze » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:26 pm

Misskiwi67 wrote:I've been a member for 2 years and received no such e-mails, neither to inform me of the option nor to ask me to sign the document.

I mentioned earlier that the email came from VDD-GNA, this was incorrect.
The email I received came from my (Atlantic) chapter.

Sorry for the misleading comment.

-Freeze
Freeze
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby ryanr » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:56 am

Duckdon wrote:So I get this from my chapter and I am supposed to sign it. Please tell me that we, as members of VDD-GNA voted on this project or that it's some sort of hoax.

DECLARATION

Printed Name

Date

Don and Crew

I think I'd wipe my a$$ with it and send it back to whomever sent it. "Under penalty of perjury", give me a break, a little full of themselves me thinks!
ryanr
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby 3drahthaars » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:20 pm

Deuce wrote:I really thought this was a clever hoax...

Looking forward to the powers that be's response.

It would prove much less embarrassing if it were...

... But, alas it isn't.

In the real world we retain patent attorneys to research copyright claims... Always money well spent!

The wording of the document in question resembles those of a bully and yet another in a continuing trend of such documents.

It is one thing to try to sound authoritative and appear professional ... Yet another to be truly professional, eh?

Hope springs eternal,

3ds
3drahthaars
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby blue04 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:25 pm

I'm a believer in letting like minded people form whatever groups they want with whatever rules they can all agree on. But this thread (and several others) have more or less convinced me that the various DD groups are their own worst enemies.
blue04
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Misskiwi67 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:24 pm

Seems to me there is a copyright attorney getting rich on a wild goose chase...
Vivian II vom Jagdkonig- VJP 71 HZP 191 VGP 262 Prize III
Arabella vom Hoheren Boden- VJP 74 HZP 181/189 VGP 281 Prize I
Misskiwi67
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Trailsend » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:35 am

I sure am glad I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, and just went with the far inferior (I am kneeling and bowing at this point you just can't see it) GWP. I might not have the same high quality hunting dog with the superior bloodlines that I would get with the DD. But at least I don't have to worry about some thugs showing up at my door because I missed my German lesson.
Trailsend
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby CohanseyDD » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:52 am

The form was sent out with an optional reply. If you don't want to sign it...no one is going to look down upon you or think less of you. You can agree with the "trademark" quest or not...it's irrelevant...but you're mis-speaking by saying anyone is jamming anything down your throat. And before I get labeled as a flag bearer for this project...I think it's something that is unattainable within our financial restrictions and unenforceable by our club. But that's simply my opinion. If the club decides that's the direction they want to go...I'll stand behind them and not be the guy benefitting from all the hard work that was done previously...then bashing them on the internet.
CohanseyDD
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Next

Return to German and European Testing Systems