No more dual registered DD's?

DKV and VDD, etc

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: No more dual registered DD's?

Postby Georgia Boy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:49 pm

gusto wrote:Can someone give me the account les Notes version of what changes they have made to the breeding requirements and testing?

What are you referring to?
Home of the truly versatile hunting companion. http://www.vommountaincreek.com
Georgia Boy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby gusto » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:05 am

I read a few of these pages, and understand people are still waiting for answers on certain things. I guess what I am asking is what new restrictions are now on DD owners in regards to breeding and testing? If you own a DD can you register it in NAVHDA? Etc
gusto
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Georgia Boy » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:10 pm

If you own a DD there is nothing preventing you from registering it any where you want. Now, if you are a VDD member, and wish to remain in good standing or have a desire for the dog to be used for breeding in the club you can not register it in another breed registery unless it is with a breeding restriction. NAVHDA has implemented a process to allow VDD members to do this so they can still participate in NAVHDA tests.
Home of the truly versatile hunting companion. http://www.vommountaincreek.com
Georgia Boy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby 3drahthaars » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:19 am

Georgia Boy wrote:If you own a DD there is nothing preventing you from registering it any where you want. Now, if you are a VDD member, and wish to remain in good standing or have a desire for the dog to be used for breeding in the club you can not register it in another breed registery unless it is with a breeding restriction. NAVHDA has implemented a process to allow VDD members to do this so they can still participate in NAVHDA tests.

Thought highlighting would help avoiding repeat posts... this pretty much sums up the thread with the exception of how to change registration status with NAVHDA and other organizations.

Time and (as I understand from the phone calls I've received recently) future elections will determine the intrensic value, and/or membership response to this action. I wonder if the mediocre attendance at the GNA Annual Group Meeting was a passive response to the motion... That and the premature exit of one of the GNA's longest and HIGHLY respected members from the AGM beg the question of how popular this motion truly was amongst the general membership.

Unfortunately, a lot of the hunters, lower volume kennels, and more serious hunter/members don't appear to be so politically active... I think that they are more interested in well, HUNTING their dogs... a novel concept for a hunting dog breed club, eh?

We shall see...

3ds
3drahthaars
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby DrahtsundBraats » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:26 am

Has it been stated anywhere that after July 1, dogs may be dual registered if it is with a breeding restriction? I can't find that in written form anywhere, plainly stated. Please excuse if I missed it.
DrahtsundBraats
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Duckdon » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:18 pm

Off topic but when is the next board election?
Don and Crew
Forgive me for being arrogant. I own 4 Drahthaars.
Tundramoor Drahthaar Kennel
Don Lietzau, Chugiak, Alaska
Duckdon
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby DDGUY » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:09 pm

Next year and I'm looking for a sucker with the credentials and about 40 hours a week spare time to devote to the job. In my next life I'm going to sit on the sidelines and bitch :mrgreen:
DDGUY
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Freeze » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:49 pm

DrahtsundBraats wrote:Has it been stated anywhere that after July 1, dogs may be dual registered if it is with a breeding restriction? I can't find that in written form anywhere, plainly stated. Please excuse if I missed it.

D&B,

The VDD-GNA webpage "members" section has a quick link to article 13 changes.
The wording and explanation of the issue seemed clear to me.

I suggest you read the statement there and see if it fulfills your need for clarification.

I will not post this publicly because it has not been made available to the general public.

If you cannot find it PM me and I can send you a link.

Hope that helps,
-Freeze
Last edited by Freeze on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Freeze
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Duckdon » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:08 pm

DDGUY wrote:Next year and I'm looking for a sucker with the credentials and about 40 hours a week spare time to devote to the job. In my next life I'm going to sit on the sidelines and bitch :mrgreen:

I hear that........... ](*,)
Don and Crew
Forgive me for being arrogant. I own 4 Drahthaars.
Tundramoor Drahthaar Kennel
Don Lietzau, Chugiak, Alaska
Duckdon
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby gusto » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:28 pm

Thanks for the clarification fellas
gusto
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Deuce » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:46 am

Freeze wrote: it has not been made available to the general public.

Status Quo right there...
Deuce
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Freeze » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:05 am

Deuce wrote:
Freeze wrote: it has not been made available to the general public.

Status Quo right there...

I should clarify ... I have not personally seen this information in a public area. I have no idea if the information has been released publicly.
Personally It doesn't matter to me, since I am a member of VDD-GNA and have access to the information and looked no further.

-Freeze
Freeze
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Deuce » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:18 am

Nothing on you Freeze... I'm still unhappy with what I perceive to be an utter lack of transparency.

I should note that this has been discussed ad nauseum on the VDD-GNA and Draht Addiction Facebook pages where some of the leadership has posted comments and/or answered questions.

In my opinion, this information should be made available to the public on the outward side of the VDD page. Most new people in the VDD do not join until they get a puppy. Otherwise it comes off like this: "here, sign this contract, I'll show you the terms when the ink is dry."
Deuce
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby woodboro » Thu May 26, 2016 7:50 pm

ramifications is that the VDD member would be removed from the club.
Last time I looked about 20+ litters were hitting the ground. 20 times say 8 pups a litter =160 pups.
I doubt 160 new members will be members for life, or for that matter by the following year.
Do they breed the dog if not registered in the German way ??
I can't imagine how many breeding's occurred that way.
woodboro
Master Poster
Master Poster

Previous

Return to German and European Testing Systems