Bringsel Training

DKV and VDD, etc

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Bringsel Training

Postby AverageGuy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:35 am

I believe an animal with a puncture wound leaves scent a focused dog can detect regardless of whether a human can see it or not.

I like my dogs to work in a manner the hound people call "run to catch". The dog is working to get to the animal, not worshiping the track. When they run out of scent just in front of them they "drift" a track, meaning search ahead and to the sides for next available scent only coming back to last scent if they fail to find it ahead. It is a mental attitude in the dog that it is in pursuit of the game, not just interested in the scent it is following. The various Cur dogs and Walkers are known for it for example, while too many in the "boo-tick" breed are noted for working scent over and over and not moving it with any speed. Dogs that run to catch have a lot fewer problems with visible gaps in the track. A dog with good aptitude, allowed to work off leash will learn it in a hurry.

No idea how that relates to blood tracking tests, never ran one.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: Bringsel Training

Postby Misskiwi67 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:05 pm

I guess we had nothing to worry about. In under a week she's got the series of behaviors put together.

http://youtu.be/e0uDsmHDpY0
Vivian II vom Jagdkonig- VJP 71 HZP 191 VGP 262 Prize III
Arabella vom Hoheren Boden- VJP 74 HZP 181/189 VGP 281 Prize I
Misskiwi67
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Previous

Return to German and European Testing Systems