Hi all :-)

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Hi all :-)

Postby SMAbby » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:22 pm

Have you ever hit that point in life where you feel like you are hitting your head against a wall??? Well, I hit it so hard for so long that I actually made a hole just big enough for me to escape and find myself and my hubby again! :lol:

Took a break from dogs.........never thought that would happen.......and returned to my roots.

Been having a great time fishing with my husband and friends. We actually had a few good days before we left on vacation to New Mexico.

Yeah, we got a great deal on 1 way tickets to Juarez. They just asked if we would drive a semi trailer back across the border for them. Seemed like a good deal.

Pretty cool thing was, when I got home I found my JGHV card in the mail. :-)

First awesome thing is watching my baby boy get married to a wonderful younglady.

Then I went shopping for tackle. I loved these 2 jigs cuz even girl fish like bling bling.

See, told ya.....although it was a male.....but we know how that goes. :lol:

Walleye maffia! :lol: :lol:

:multi: :multi:

Jim's turn

:crazyeyes:

Last eyes before vacation....I wanted to stay.

And then there were the Northern

:mrgreen:

And the last northern.... All fish were released

Lovin this boat

I HATE to fly and I hate MRIs ANd I HATED my Navy Rack

Drugs kicked in. :-) I love flying :D

Home

Scaled quail running in the front yard

This is pretty funny. Everyone thought this was a wild mt. goat....But I think this dude just escaped from the farm. I didnt tell anyone. :lol:

This was confusing. Stopped at a burger joint and saw the sign.....Is the food fresh or the bird poop? HMM

Finally, Jim, myself, and my pops in Old Mesilla
VC Max vom Schutzenknapp VJP 75, HZP190, VGP 303 PI 4H Nose, NA 112, UT 204 Invite 196
Baja vom Wamsbach VJP 64, HZP 169, NA 112
Anka vom Loofkamp VJP 66, HZP 139,HZP 172, NA 112
Krystal Creeks Untamed Spirit ( Abby) NA 93 Prize III UT 200 Prize II
SMAbby
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: Hi all :-)

Postby Misskiwi67 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:25 pm

Welcome back!!!

Hubby has been fishing hard too, and I'm loving being able to eat fish again now that my pregnancy is over!
Vivian II vom Jagdkonig- VJP 71 HZP 191 VGP 262 Prize III
Arabella vom Hoheren Boden- VJP 74 HZP 181/189 VGP 281 Prize I
Harvest Moon Drahthaars- vom Herbstmond
Misskiwi67
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby SMAbby » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:07 pm

Isnt it great to live in a state where they say to eat only 1 of said species a week because of mercury blablabla
VC Max vom Schutzenknapp VJP 75, HZP190, VGP 303 PI 4H Nose, NA 112, UT 204 Invite 196
SMAbby
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby orhunter » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:25 pm

Good move. Fishing cleanses the mind and body.

“because of Mercury, bla bla bla.” Sounds like Orygun. We have lots of those warnings around the state. A person has to be suspect of the testing. Many times the entire fish is tested and not just the edible meat which makes the test very inaccurate. If you actually give a hoot, you might want to contact the labratory that does the testing and look into their method.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby AverageGuy » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:13 pm

If eating fresh Walleye is what kills me, I think I am ok with that. When did you say the fish fry is?
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby SMAbby » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:45 pm

orhunter wrote:Good move. Fishing cleanses the mind and body.

“because of Mercury, bla bla bla.” Sounds like Orygun. We have lots of those warnings around the state. A person has to be suspect of the testing. Many times the entire fish is tested and not just the edible meat which makes the test very inaccurate. If you actually give a hoot, you might want to contact the labratory that does the testing and look into their method.

Yup, I needed that. coarse when we get back a cold front hits. They were catching crappie left and right and then BAM Iowa hit. Dam state.

I have some pictures of some hog buffys we snagged while walleye fishing. Got one by the tail, man what a ride that was.

Im with you AG, everything is killing up. eat, drink, and be Merry!
SMAbby
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby ryanr » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:05 am

Nice fish, some dandy walleye. Good to hear from you Mary. I actually want to make a point to fish more this year than I have in the past few years. Before I got my Drahthaar I was a Flyfishing addict, fishing 3-5 days a week for much of the year. I even bought my house (45 minutes from my hometown) where I did because I wanted to be closer to the river I was fishing a lot. Yet since moving in 2010, with the exception of the first two years I've fished it less than I did before moving.
ryanr
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby GONEHUNTIN' » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:40 am

Looks like you're fishing some of the Mississippi back waters. I duck hunt over there with my cousins. They have a similar rig we duck hunt out of.
I just hate seeing birds die of natural causes unless I'm that natural cause.
GONEHUNTIN'
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby SMAbby » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:28 pm

No, we are fishing on the Cedar River, between Cedar Rapids and Waterloo. Wait til we really learn this river.....We will slay them. Just picked up some cool electronics. Bought a Humminbird Helix 9 Mega SI. LOVE it so far. You can really pinn point very good habitat to check out..
SMAbby
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to General Discussion