1 and 1/2 month into the upland season. Update.

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

1 and 1/2 month into the upland season. Update.

Postby Meridiandave » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:25 pm

The season for me opens a every year on August 30th with opening of the grouse season. So far this year has really been enjoyable. I have hunted 2 days on blue grouse. 1 day on dove. 3 outings on chukar. 1 day on quail/sage grouse and huns in Idaho. 5 days in Oregon chasing pheasant. What a great year so far.

The pheasant and blue grouse hunting has been the best this year. I am so excited for the rest of the season. I have seen good numbers of quail despite the tough winter. I have seen chukar every time out. I will post some pictures when I get a chance. I hope to have a lot more great days. Idaho pheasant season starts out this weekend. This means all seasons are now open.

How is everyone else season going.
Meridiandave
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: 1 and 1/2 month into the upland season. Update.

Postby Bigearl » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:04 pm

Down here in the southeast we're still limited to doves only at the moment. I've had several good shoots so far this year and tomorrow will hopefully be another. Duck season opens in a month!!
Bigearl
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: 1 and 1/2 month into the upland season. Update.

Postby RowdyGSP » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:09 am

This is my first hunting season as an Idahoan. Chukar numbers seems to be down, at least compared to last year in Oregon. But we have seen a few coveys every time out and shot some birds. Valley quail numbers seem to be very good. Haven't been out for pheasant, but grouse (blue and ruffed) has been good. Duck hunting mostly. Still waiting for a cold front in Canada to push more migrants down.
"You have to be smarter than the dog to train it."
"A working dog is a happy dog."
"Semper Fi" HQ/11th
"Chukar: The first time you hunt them it's for sport. After that it's revenge."
RowdyGSP
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to General Discussion