Lest we forget

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Lest we forget

Postby SMAbby » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:13 pm

With the tragedy going on in Houston, I dont want anyone to forget the sailors we have lost in the last 2 months. I didnt know how it would hit home until I read my son's FB page this morning. He is currently stationed on the USS Ronald Reagan out of Yokuska Japan.
This photo was taken while he was attending ET C school. He is pinning on Johns crows that Make him ET3 John Hoagland.
Some might have caught on already, but encase of a delay, John was one of the young men lost on the USS John Mc Cain and he was my sons friend. Below is a picture of my son pinning the crows on, and below is the tribute he left to his friend. I have been in touch with Johns mom and offered for me to do anything she needs....anything at all. It floored me when she said that Dan is a wonderful young man and that John thought the world of him. :cry:

I just wanted to slow things down while we are training for tests or getting ready for hunting season. Was hoping to reflect on the simple things in life and how fast you can loose someone. My heart hurts for Johns mom, but my heart breaks thinking about the pain my son is feeling......must be feeling.

Click to enlarge photo

John Hoagland, when I was on deployment you told me ,with a lot of excitement, that our favorite band came out with a new album. You proceeded to tell me about the song roman skies by avenge sevenfold and honestly the lyrics to this song got me in tears brother :

"As the embers rose through the Roman sky
Tell me were you calm when they took your life?
Just before you go, tell us how the heavens flow
Weightless evermore, as you walk beyond that door
Shine forever true
Shared with us the world well before your time
Though they took your voice words forever shine
Shine forever true
As they spoke your fate a fearless man replied
"As you will sentence me, your fear is beyond mine"
Shine forever true"

Born by the crest of the tide and rocked by the deep. Rest easy brother I'll see you again soon enough. There's no need to worry I've got the watch. — with John Hoagland.
VC Max vom Schutzenknapp VJP 75, HZP190, VGP 303 PI 4H Nose, NA 112, UT 204 Invite 196
Baja vom Wamsbach VJP 64, HZP 169, NA 112
Anka vom Loofkamp VJP 66, HZP 139,HZP 172, NA 112
Krystal Creeks Untamed Spirit ( Abby) NA 93 Prize III UT 200 Prize II
SMAbby
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: Lest we forget

Postby AverageGuy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:54 pm

Prayers for You, your Son and John's Family sent.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby cohanzick creek » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:18 am

cohanzick creek
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Deuce » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:56 am

Thoughts and prayers to their family and yours, Mary.

Fair winds and following seas.
Deuce
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Huntin4fun » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:11 pm

Prayers to all affected by this tragedy, and for all the men and women that keep me and mine safe each day. :(
Huntin4fun
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby SMAbby » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:32 pm

Thanks all
The boy is pretty tough and a "it is what it is" kinda thinker. He is upset, but appears to be keeping it together.

The military needs to pull their heads out of their asses. If a tanker can hit 2 destroyers, what next a torpedo or missiles to. It isnt just the NAV, the Army and MArines have has a fair share of air disasters. What is going on? Is this what we get when you get people joining the MIL. to get their sex change operations?.....We have little Kimmy in North Korea shooting roman candles of the top of Northern Japan.....my kid is just south of there. How does Japan not react to this threat, why do we have to be the asses and do the dirty work for everyone else....and at what cost.
Sorry, Just frustrated. It scares me to think of where we will be in the next couple years.....or sooner.
VC Max vom Schutzenknapp VJP 75, HZP190, VGP 303 PI 4H Nose, NA 112, UT 204 Invite 196
SMAbby
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Huntin4fun » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:05 pm

SMAbby wrote:Thanks all
The boy is pretty tough and a "it is what it is" kinda thinker. He is upset, but appears to be keeping it together.

The military needs to pull their heads out of their asses. If a tanker can hit 2 destroyers, what next a torpedo or missiles to. It isnt just the NAV, the Army and MArines have has a fair share of air disasters. What is going on? Is this what we get when you get people joining the MIL. to get their sex change operations?.....We have little Kimmy in North Korea shooting roman candles of the top of Northern Japan.....my kid is just south of there. How does Japan not react to this threat, why do we have to be the asses and do the dirty work for everyone else....and at what cost.
Sorry, Just frustrated. It scares me to think of where we will be in the next couple years.....or sooner.

whenever I get frustrated with the way things are going, I always look to our military and law enforcement to reassure me....even though things seem like they are going haywire, I tell myself that the men and women in uniform, that meaning all types of uniforms, have a deeper love of this country than any politician in office. When those who serve start abandoning us, then I will start to worry.

Thank you and your family for the sacrifices you have made, I cannot imagine what our country's military families are going through right now.
Huntin4fun
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby ryanr » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:11 am

Prayers and condolences to your son and his friend's family. Such a terrible thing. As a former sailor I'm at a loss as to how it happened because it shouldn't have. My ship was once involved in a collision & emergency breakway during an UnRep (underway replenishment with ships basically "tied" together) which is much more understandable than these latest open sea collisions and yet an unrep collision happens with less frequency than these open sea collisions lately. Fair winds, following seas.
ryanr
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby SMAbby » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:20 pm

John reached Dover yesterday and was received by his mother. He should be home and at rest Tomorrow.
SMAbby
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to General Discussion