Puppy marks

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Puppy marks

Postby SMAbby » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:16 pm

I was lucky enough to get to work with a pup from my most recent litter. Pups are 15 weeks or so now and he came to do some some bird work and play with ducks.
Bird work was less than stellar, there was no wind and it was hot. By the time we got set up the puppy was hot already. Prior we had been just releasing pigeons and working on gun sensitivity, so he was hot. SO we scrapped the birds for another day. I always tell my puppy people to work their pups on a day with a good breeze, we dont want them walking on the traps. So, I should have known better.
So, Off to the water. I am working his mama towards her UT title. I dont know why I am doing it now as she is spade already, but I always felt I let puppies get in the way of her potential. I know what she can do, now other need to see it.
SO we went to water to work on steady by blind. I did the shota out of sight and she was great. SHe also stayed steady through the sequence. So we finiished up with her and decided to play with Remi.
I recently got a new toy....a gunnars up. Oh, the cool things I dream of launching out of it! Proof im a big kid!lol Anyway, I didnt know how it would go with him being so young. I didnt know if he would have the ability to mark or make sense of the movement that he saw, but we gave it a shot. We did this with him 3 times, everytime he was right on. First time, I quacked the launcher, he looked my way and I launched. He kept looking my way until the bird must have caught his eye. He watched it hit the water and was off.
I am not super surprised and I have seen the ability of the past litters. I am not saying that as a brag, just a fact. The owner of this pup wasnt surprised either and he heard I was spaying the female and bought one more from her. SO he knew.
Anyway, here is the video, I was pretty proud of the pup.
https://youtu.be/VHOF0nLaiCw
VC Max vom Schutzenknapp VJP 75, HZP190, VGP 303 PI 4H Nose, NA 112, UT 204 Invite 196
Baja vom Wamsbach VJP 64, HZP 169, NA 112
Anka vom Loofkamp VJP 66, HZP 139,HZP 172, NA 112
Krystal Creeks Untamed Spirit ( Abby) NA 93 Prize III UT 200 Prize II
SMAbby
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: Puppy marks

Postby ryanr » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:34 am

Nicely done! I love to see eagerness like that in the water, and in the field.
ryanr
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby hicntry » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:06 am

Keep em coming. I really enjoy watching your dogs in the field.
Ignorance can be fixed but stupid is forever.
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby SMAbby » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:24 pm

Thank you.
VC Max vom Schutzenknapp VJP 75, HZP190, VGP 303 PI 4H Nose, NA 112, UT 204 Invite 196
Baja vom Wamsbach VJP 64, HZP 169, NA 112
Anka vom Loofkamp VJP 66, HZP 139,HZP 172, NA 112
Krystal Creeks Untamed Spirit ( Abby) NA 93 Prize III UT 200 Prize II
SMAbby
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to General Discussion