Alberta Duck Hunt?

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Alberta Duck Hunt?

Postby gwp4me2 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:27 pm

I would think that an auction at a NAVHDA event would be going to people who wanted to hunt like they had trained their dog for. Shooting over decoys on water. The guides love to get in the fields and get a hunt over with quickly. When we hunt ducks we try and make it last taking turns shooting and usually only 1 greenhead at a time. I'm sure there are probably places like that where you could have a fun, leisurely hunt rather than a 'shoot' where you are trying to get limits for 6-8 guys. Especially if there is upland to be had in the same area. It would be a blast to set up a small spread for a few hours in the morning and then stretch your legs for a few hours chasing upland. I would also bet there are places where you wouldn't even have to pick up the dekes during the day. You could return to the blind for the last hour of daylight. 3 days of that for 2-3 people should bring in a very nice sum.
gwp4me2
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: Alberta Duck Hunt?

Postby Densa44 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:08 am

Thanks for all your advice. What I have learned so far, is that "what does duck hunting" mean to you. Depends, on age, experience and where you live/grew up.

At this end we just want the visitors to enjoy themselves.

I think what I'll do is talk this over with Stubble next time I see him, he is younger and has a very nice gwp.

If I make it to July 4 I'll be 73 so all options are not available for me as the host. Stubble is younger and very fit.
Pine Ridges Ginnieve NA 112 UT pz 1 200
Camridge's Sienna NA 112 UT pz 1 204
Foothill Joce NA 112
Czarina Vom Oberland VJP 70 NA pz 112
Densa44
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussion