Another Fun HRC Weekend

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Another Fun HRC Weekend

Postby Doc E » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:44 am

Ran both dogs in HRC Finished last weekend at an HRC Hunt test hosted by Whistling Wings HRC in Carnation WA (the home of contented cows).
Of course, good ol' Tucker passed both days (he has passed 33 out of his last 34) and
Weezle the pup also passed both days. This the first time (running Finished) that he has passed both days.
We're off to OR (Lower Columbia HRC) in a couple weeks then to Butte MT the end of July for a 4-day Hunt Test, then back to Carnation WA in August. Then only a couple weeks after that will be the opening of Grouse season.

We had great grounds --- freshly mowed fields, lots of water and superb Judges who set up very challenging tests. The helpers were mostly teenagers, but they did a great job.
One scenario that is seldom seen was an "out of order" diversion bird.
Typically the diversion bird is thrown as the 3rd mark is being retrieved or maybe as the blind is being retrieved. This time, it was thrown as the 2nd mark was being retrieved. Doing it this way, definitely messed with the memory of quite a few dogs.

Doc E
HR UH MHR WR SR Casey RIP my friend :(
HRCH HR UH Tucker 1270 HR Ch. points :D
HRCH HR UH Weezle 250 HR Ch. points :)
Doc E
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: Another Fun HRC Weekend

Postby GONEHUNTIN' » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:05 am

Great Doc. Once upon a time Carnation Milk had their own retriever kennel. Their private trainer was one of my best friends, Doug Orr.

He won a national with one of their dogs, "Butterboy". Great guy, great dog.
Last edited by GONEHUNTIN' on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I just hate seeing birds die of natural causes unless I'm that natural cause.
GONEHUNTIN'
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: Another Fun HRC Weekend

Postby Constructeur » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:46 pm

GONEHUNTIN' wrote:Great Doc. Once upon a time Carnation Milk had their own retriever kennel. Their private was one of my best friends, Doug Orr.

He won a national with one of their dogs, "Butterboy". Great guy, great dog.

As far as i know that property is still intact, but used as a Summer camp operation for special needs kids.
Constructeur
Master Poster
Master Poster

Return to General Discussion