Bark Collar Question

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Bark Collar Question

Postby CarsonMac » Sat May 27, 2017 1:58 pm

Howdy all

Looking at a bark collar for my 9 mo SM, he's not the loudest dog but we live in a semi densely populated area, don't want to annoy the neighbors. Here's my question- will the bark collar squelch his "guard dog-ness"? He is not aggressive at all but will bark if someone he doesn't know were to approach the house late at night, which I appreciate. It is nice to know he will protect my wife if she is home alone. I don't want to interfere with his desire to do that by introducing a bark collar, as his protective attitude is a major perk if I am traveling and the wife is home alone. But, I am worried he will begin to irritate the neighbors at some point if I don't get his barking limited. In theory if I just put the collar on when he was in the backyard and took it off at night, do you think he would still bark in the event of an intruder? Hopefully that makes sense. Let me know yalls thoughts, thanks!
CarsonMac
Pup
Pup

Re: Bark Collar Question

Postby hicntry » Sat May 27, 2017 4:17 pm

If the dog is in the house at night without the collar he will still bark as most dogs know when they have it on.
Ignorance can be fixed but stupid is forever.
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to General Discussion