Re: VPP Breeders

Postby seadog » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:39 pm

no GNA tests closer than Nova Scotia ?
seadog
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Densa44 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:54 am

You will have to ask some one else, I don't know. There were only 4 dogs in the test we ran, 2 were litter mates and one I recall had a bad bite. So there are not a lot of people running dogs in this stake. The other dogs were gwps.

As I said before you have to give the organizers all the credit, they believe in the testing very sincerely and work very hard to put on the test. I think one of the Judges was from Nova Scotia, and 2 Americans.

Maybe there is someone one here who knows for sure how it all works. That is not me.
Pine Ridges Ginnieve NA 112 UT pz 1 200
Camridge's Sienna NA 112 UT pz 1 204
Foothill Joce NA 112
Czarina Vom Oberland VJP 70 NA pz 112
Densa44
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Calvinator » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:25 pm

GWPs can't run in JGHV tests. They must've been DDs. A full VJP test is 5 dogs. Unlike an all NA Navhda test, full day is 10. Breeding Rena to Audie would not be a VPP approved breeding. It would be two VPP dogs breeding.
Calvinator
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby woodboro » Tue May 02, 2017 9:16 am

VPP had a test in Wisconsin Rapids,Wisconsin a few weeks ago.
They had close to 25 dogs in the VJP test from what I heard.
woodboro
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby bwjohn » Tue May 02, 2017 12:29 pm

Who was responsible for running the test?

Brandon
bwjohn
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby mttbgr » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:55 am

I would agree with the previous post to contact Steve Boren about finding a VPP kennel. I got a male from his female Acki in 2015 and he has been awesome, he has passed his VJP, HZP and this fall we are making a run at the VGP. Steve has been an amazing supportive breeder that just loves the breed and dogs. There is a core of people in the states that are reviving the VPP GNA. Last year the Oberlaender was going to be canceled due to political crap in the JGHV but Steve and the VPP stepped in and hosted a test in the same location and dates so all the dogs could run, right around 30 dogs. This fall they will have 2 days of HZP and a VGP test in Kansas, they are really doing some great things and the VPP club in Germany is behind them.
mttbgr
Pup
Pup

Postby 3drahthaars » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:34 pm

mttbgr wrote:I would agree with the previous post to contact Steve Boren about finding a VPP kennel. I got a male from his female Acki in 2015 and he has been awesome, he has passed his VJP, HZP and this fall we are making a run at the VGP. Steve has been an amazing supportive breeder that just loves the breed and dogs. There is a core of people in the states that are reviving the VPP GNA. Last year the Oberlaender was going to be canceled due to political crap in the JGHV but Steve and the VPP stepped in and hosted a test in the same location and dates so all the dogs could run, right around 30 dogs. This fall they will have 2 days of HZP and a VGP test in Kansas, they are really doing some great things and the VPP club in Germany is behind them.

VPP is a stand up group. I got to judge the very first VPP-GNA VJP with Fritz Castagne from Germany, and I learned a lot about judging, PP, and KML to boot.

It's a shame that politics get into the way of things... dogs seem to attract politicians, though.

3ds
3drahthaars
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby AverageGuy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:33 pm

mttbgr wrote:This fall they will have 2 days of HZP and a VGP test in Kansas

Where and when is it? Thank you.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby mttbgr » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:48 pm

Last weekend of October in Leavenworth Kansas. What test you looking at?
mttbgr
Pup
Pup

Postby AverageGuy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:28 pm

I have a couple of NAVHDA GWPs so would just be attending to see a gathering of PPs working. Is there a website that has the information and directions? I did not see anything on the VPP-GNA I googled.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby mttbgr » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:28 am

It is not listed yet but keep checking. I know at least 3 VPP dogs that are planning on running the VGP and several in the HZP.
mttbgr
Pup
Pup

Postby Tyler85 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:04 pm

:D I'm a lurker ... I have one of those PP preparing for HZP this fall.
Tyler85
Pup
Pup

Postby orhunter » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:09 pm

Tyler:

Nice see you've ventured outside of Ifish.

Tyler has a great looking PP. But, nobody will believer me or you, without photos.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby mttbgr » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:09 am

Tyler, I MET you at Steve's when we had Uwe come over from Germany for the coat and conformation evaluation. I am the Iowa guy. Looking forward to seeing you run the HZP this fall, and more importantly the hunt swap we talked about!
mttbgr
Pup
Pup

Postby Calvinator » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:24 pm

I have been a member of VPP-GNA for 8 years. My only complaint is that information is not shared to the entire membership.

Calvin
Calvinator
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion