New To This Site , WPG Question

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: New To This Site , WPG Question

Postby WPG3 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:37 am

J
Last edited by WPG3 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WPG3
Pup
Pup
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: New To This Site , WPG Question

Postby GRIFF MAN » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:25 am

Harvey,

Isn't this where you throw in G.U.N......

What kind of member are you... :lol: :lol: :lol:
GRIFF MAN * LOVING LIFE AND MY GRIFF!

Aspen Glo's Kennels
Wirehaired Pointing Griffons
www.aspenglokennel.com
User avatar
GRIFF MAN
Champion Poster
Champion Poster
 
Posts: 1771
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:16 am
Location: wisconsin

Re: New To This Site , WPG Question

Postby orhunter » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:28 am

Why me? Put your own neck out there......

Griffon
Underground
Network

GUN for short. GUN represents a presence of mind expressed through the dogs of it's members. Dogs bred to hunt with no other agenda to muddy their intent. Athleticism, temperament, coat, size, drive, pedigree, performance, the whole dog. You don't find "CH" as a prefix to the dogs names listed on the pedigrees. One may see the occasional VC, but not required. Hunters breeding hunting dogs.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster
 
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:29 am
Location: nw oregon

Re: New To This Site , WPG Question

Postby GRIFF MAN » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:13 pm

orhunter wrote:Why me? Put your own neck out there......

Griffon
Underground
Network

GUN for short. GUN represents a presence of mind expressed through the dogs of it's members. Dogs bred to hunt with no other agenda to muddy their intent. Athleticism, temperament, coat, size, drive, pedigree, performance, the whole dog. You don't find "CH" as a prefix to the dogs names listed on the pedigrees. One may see the occasional VC, but not required. Hunters breeding hunting dogs.



See you say it so much better than the rest of us.... :D
GRIFF MAN * LOVING LIFE AND MY GRIFF!

Aspen Glo's Kennels
Wirehaired Pointing Griffons
www.aspenglokennel.com
User avatar
GRIFF MAN
Champion Poster
Champion Poster
 
Posts: 1771
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:16 am
Location: wisconsin

Re: New To This Site , WPG Question

Postby stubblejumper » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:07 am

My Drahthaar lives in our house with a 6lb Chihuahua, and a 6lb min pin cross, which he has never been aggressive with. Then again, he was brought into our home at 8 weeks, and was brought up with the little dogs. He is still only 13 months, but he is one of the least aggressive hunting dogs that I have seen, yet he has a very high prey drive when hunting birds.
stubblejumper
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:15 am
Location: Alberta Canada

Re: New To This Site , WPG Question

Postby Meridiandave » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:18 pm

Reddog. Did you get my Pm?
Meridiandave
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:40 am

Re: New To This Site , WPG Question

Postby aaronk » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:51 pm

Hey now, I have one of those fat, fluffy, Montana griffs, that won't hunt :D
DSC_5925.jpg


DSC_5488.jpg


Great information already posted! Relatively new griff owner myself, just finished my first season with mine. She does fine with our little fluffy dog 98% of the time, but the other 2% gives me enough cause to not leave them alone and together when we leave the house.

I wouldn't consider owning one without a place close by to really run one, it's almost scary how far and how long they can go. Also, what I had read prior to getting one about needing to exercise them physically and mentally, is spot on. They are incredibly smart and need the mental stimulation just as much as the physical.

Goofy and at times "clown like" is a great way to describe their personalities. They want to be with their people. Very loyal, want to please, easy to train, and mine at least isn't "soft."

Biggest gripe so far was the housebreaking, it took a ridiculously long time, and I crate trained too.
aaronk
Started
Started
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:53 pm

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests