THC cannabis for dog's pain relief?

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: THC cannabis for dog's pain relief?

Postby oldtimer » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:54 pm

You have to understand that of those deaths, some of those people would die anyway. They were in the hospital in the first place.
oldtimer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Willie T » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:57 am

Bruce, you hit a nerve. I live in rural Texas. Since Obamacare has been enacted my family medical insurance has more than doubled. Middle class Americans are fed up with that crap. Addiction is a function of poor judgement. Treatment is the sole responsibility of the individual who chose that path.
Willie
Willie T
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Chadwick » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:28 am

Willie T wrote: Addiction is a function of poor judgement.
Willie

As is obesity. And obesity costs the healthcare system way more than illegal drugs. All those chubby kids, why don't they just stop eating so much? #sad
Chadwick
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby AverageGuy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:36 am

Obesity is a combination of poor diet, quantity and lack of exercise in most cases. The only thing I heard Michele Obama utter that did not make me cringe was her push try to teach good healthy eating habits and exercise through the school lunch program and gym. It was a losing battle but would be a very productive trend for our society if it caught on and yielded a healthy diet for life in more kids and then adults. Once again parenting would be real helpful but is in short supply.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Doc E » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:40 am

Has anybody here tried "Kratom" for pain relief (or it's psychoactive effect) ?

Doc E
HR UH MHR WR SR Casey RIP my friend :(
HRCH HR UH Tucker 1270 HR Ch. points :D
HRCH HR UH Weezle 250 HR Ch. points :)
Doc E
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Chadwick » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:46 am

AverageGuy wrote:Obesity is a combination of poor diet, quantity and lack of exercise in most cases.

I disagree. From an evolutionary standpoint, we are hardwired to overeat. Prior to the abundance of modern times, those that carried the most weight into the lean times were the survivors. Overeating and drug abuse all hit the same pleasure centers of the brain that is why they are so hard to deal with.
Chadwick
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby AverageGuy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:59 am

Chadwick, I think you would argue with anything I would write on any subject. I am heading out to hunt now so have it at it while I am gone.

Hardwired or not (which I think is hogwash), teaching some good health habits and self control is needed and the path to change. If less kids avoided an addiction to refined sugar. potato chips and soda pop early in life and moved around some everyday, the quantity of healthy food they ate would matter a lot less.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby oldtimer » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:15 am

Chadwick wrote:
Willie T wrote: Addiction is a function of poor judgement.
Willie

As is obesity. And obesity costs the healthcare system way more than illegal drugs. All those chubby kids, why don't they just stop eating so much? #sad

Addiction is genetic. The more we study addiction the more it is clear. Now, you cannot become addicted to something you do not try. How many people never try alcohol? Willie, would you think RA is just an overblown ache or pain? Research things, USE SCIENCE!
oldtimer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby oldtimer » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:22 am

AverageGuy wrote:Chadwick, I think you would argue with anything I would write on any subject. I am heading out to hunt now so have it at it while I am gone.

Hardwired or not (which I think is hogwash), teaching some good health habits and self control is needed and the path to change. If less kids avoided an addiction to refined sugar. potato chips and soda pop early in life and moved around some everyday, the quantity of healthy food they ate would matter a lot less.

We are absolutely hardwired to crave sugar and high fat foods. Problem is that many parents enjoy those same foods, and the cycle continues. We no longer perform physical tasks all day, making the problem worse.
oldtimer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby GONEHUNTIN' » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:02 am

I find in odd that Bruce, a Surgeon, is in favor of Obummercare. Maybe it's a state thing. I own a flooring business. With EVERYONE of my installers, the rates for their supplementals have doubled and are increasing another 25% this year. We work with doctors and I go to them as well. NEVER has one of them had ONE decent thing to say about Obummercare. One put it to me, and this is a direct quote: "You have seen the end of quality health care as we know it". Only decent thing about it I can see it the per-existing condition clause. Even with that, though they can't deny you, they sure make it expensive. The guys have to carry deductibles now of $5,000.00 to $10,000.00 before they collect anything. Crazy.
I just hate seeing birds die of natural causes unless I'm that natural cause.
GONEHUNTIN'
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Willie T » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:03 am

Oldtimer, I assume by "RA you are referring to rheumatoid arthritis? Debilitating to some is my understanding. If in fact that is your wife suffers from, I pray her physician finds an effective treatment. The certainty of aging and all that comes with it sucks.
As far as hard wired for addiction, I don't buy it. Tell that crap to Tiger Woods ex-wife and children. Self discipline, accountability, or instant gratification. We make our own choices.
Willie
Willie T
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Chadwick » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:04 am

AverageGuy wrote:Chadwick, I think you would argue with anything I would write on any subject.

Well with a statement like that I either agree, which makes me a jerk, or disagree, which makes it true. I like it! :lol:
Chadwick
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Chadwick » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:05 am

Willie T wrote: As far as hard wired for addiction, I don't buy it. Willie

We are born with opioid receptors in our brains. That seems like hardwiring to me.
Chadwick
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby hicntry » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:43 am

Oldtimmer, has your wife tried cherry juice/extract. A friend of mine was getting pretty crippled up and had knots on his fingers and they fingers were getting deformed. Unfortunate since he was a great backhoe operator. Someone turned him on to cherry juice. Last time I saw him we were in a restaurant and and he sat there and banged his hands on the table to show me the difference it had made. Like he said, it isn't a cure but what a difference it made. Of course it doesn't have the same allure for you as cannabis...
Ignorance can be fixed but stupid is forever.
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Bruce Schwartz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:28 pm

Willie, GH: I'm totally in agreement. And I didn't like the way things were before Obamacare. It's simply not possible to insure an unhealthy population at a low price. As I've said, I'm for working on a fix from both sides of the aisle, which seems superior to me than appealing it and not having a clue about what to replace it with.
Bruce Schwartz
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion