THC cannabis for dog's pain relief?

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: THC cannabis for dog's pain relief?

Postby JONOV » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:43 am

JASmith wrote:
oldtimer wrote:Think about it. You pay an insurance company to provide you with care to you and your family, and the job of the insurance company is to make sure you use as little as possible. Very strange relationship.

The only word that seems to really describe it is... Scam.

Do you feel that way with Auto Insurance? How about Life Insurance? If you make 3 claims on your home insurance in a year (not for weather events) see how long you have insurance. The point of Insurance is to make the unbearable, bearable. It's largely for the $30,000 ambulance ride and surgery, or stay in the icu. sIf you pay $4000 a year and cost them $4000 a year in claims, they aren't staying in business long, are they?
JONOV
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby JASmith » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:34 pm

JONOV wrote:
JASmith wrote:
oldtimer wrote:Think about it. You pay an insurance company to provide you with care to you and your family, and the job of the insurance company is to make sure you use as little as possible. Very strange relationship.

The only word that seems to really describe it is... Scam.

Do you feel that way with Auto Insurance? How about Life Insurance? If you make 3 claims on your home insurance in a year (not for weather events) see how long you have insurance. The point of Insurance is to make the unbearable, bearable. It's largely for the $30,000 ambulance ride and surgery, or stay in the icu. sIf you pay $4000 a year and cost them $4000 a year in claims, they aren't staying in business long, are they?

You describe the vicious circle that insurance CREATED, and don't understand the correlation?

The point of Insurance is for THEM to MAKE MONEY. That's it. It's a product, that they've convinced people is necessary.

Some people love to be scammed though, it makes them feel good. Enjoy.
Rock Creek Gooseberry (Rebel)
JASmith
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby crackerd » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:51 am

oldtimer, ain't about to chime in on the philosophical or medicinal aspects of your questions for canine pain relief, but will say that holistic vets are recommending an herbal tablet called T-Relief for obedience and agility competitors (and hey, for human use, too! - taken sublingually [like nitroglycerine tablets] by homo sapiens; dogs need to swallow their T-Relief tablets). The dogs seem to benefit from it and I'm here to attest that it's given me temporary relief, too - with no side effects or guilt trips (or trips of any kind :lol: ). T-Relief reviews: https://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B0012MRUNA - hope this helps (with the disclaimer that it could placebo for humans, but if so my osteo says keep the placebo coming...).

MG
crackerd
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby JTracyII » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:44 pm

Find me one study that proves cannabis causes the progression to hard drug use. I'll save you some time...there aren't any. There is a correlation, but there is also a correlation between ice cream sales and murder rates. Do you think ice cream causes murders?

If you think we have a problem with the welfare state in this country, I completely agree.

I must have missed the reports of rampant crime in Colorado. I was in Denver last year. Walked the streets without being mugged, nor did I get a contact high from everyone lighting up. In fact, kinda seemed like life was just going on as normal. Weird...[/quote]

Your right that correlation does not mean causation. However, in my work with clients it is interesting that when I ask hard drug users which drug they tried first their answer is almost always.....guess? You guessed it, marijuana.
JTracyII
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby carramrod » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:48 pm

JTracyII wrote:Find me one study that proves cannabis causes the progression to hard drug use. I'll save you some time...there aren't any. There is a correlation, but there is also a correlation between ice cream sales and murder rates. Do you think ice cream causes murders?

If you think we have a problem with the welfare state in this country, I completely agree.

I must have missed the reports of rampant crime in Colorado. I was in Denver last year. Walked the streets without being mugged, nor did I get a contact high from everyone lighting up. In fact, kinda seemed like life was just going on as normal. Weird...

Your right that correlation does not mean causation. However, in my work with clients it is interesting that when I ask hard drug users which drug they tried first their answer is almost always.....guess? You guessed it, marijuana.[/quote]

I'm guessing you phrase the question with illegal drug? I would guess most of them have tried cigarettes before the weed. Just because cigarettes are legal, they aren't considered a gateway drug, but that nicotine that so many users crave is just as much a drug as THC. Maybe because it's more accessible than other drugs, that's why they're trying it first. Most alcoholics also tried beer first, but the majority of diagnosed alcoholics aren't drinking beer.

Someone doesn't magically try something then start craving another. The whole gateway drug is just a front to try to put another scary label on something. It would be more interesting to see what the stats are for the percentage of people that smoked pot first and weren't or aren't lab created drug addicts vs the percentage that are. I would guess there's more pot only users than pot then hardcore users.

In any case I think we're a long way off from having something that's readily available in this country for dogs that would be legal throughout.
carramrod
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Chadwick » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:11 pm

carramrod wrote:In any case I think we're a long way off from having something that's readily available in this country for dogs that would be legal throughout.

https://www.treatibles.com

Here is a legal product that contains CBD.
Chadwick
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby AverageGuy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:38 am

AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussion