NY Waterfowling

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: NY Waterfowling

Postby centershots » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:20 am

Great photos... Love those PPs, I do a lot with Bob, great line of dogs. Congrats on the awesome hunting in your area and the nice dogs to go with it. :-)
George DeCosta, Jr.
www.huntinggriff.com
centershots
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby RowdyGSP » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:17 pm

Man that gets my blood pumping. Good stuff, thanks for sharing.
"You have to be smarter than the dog to train it."
"A working dog is a happy dog."
"Semper Fi" HQ/11th
"Chukar: The first time you hunt them it's for sport. After that it's revenge."
RowdyGSP
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby LongHammer » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:43 pm

Deacon wrote:
You have a table full of trophies there.

We shoot so many wood ducks and mallards that we take them, and their beauty, for granted. Again the grass is always greener. I see the pictures from Mr. Schwartz and those pintails and dream of seeing birds like that. In Arizona you have Cinnamon Teal, which is a bucket list item for me.

I think the one duck which people on the east coast really overlook as a trophy is the black duck. I think they are spectacular.

1st black.JPG

The blue on that duck looks like it needs batteries. We have seen a few pintail in the last couple of weeks but they are very well educated. My partner got 3 cinnamon in 1 day last year. Seems we all want what we can't easily get. That explains all the hunting.
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln
LongHammer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby LongHammer » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:43 pm

Deacon wrote:
You have a table full of trophies there.

We shoot so many wood ducks and mallards that we take them, and their beauty, for granted. Again the grass is always greener. I see the pictures from Mr. Schwartz and those pintails and dream of seeing birds like that. In Arizona you have Cinnamon Teal, which is a bucket list item for me.

I think the one duck which people on the east coast really overlook as a trophy is the black duck. I think they are spectacular.

1st black.JPG

The blue on that duck looks like it needs batteries. We have seen a few pintail in the last couple of weeks but they are very well educated. My partner got 3 cinnamon in 1 day last year. Seems we all want what we can't easily get. That explains all the hunting.
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln
LongHammer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussion