Political - We've come full circle

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Political - We've come full circle

Postby orhunter » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:41 pm

I wouldn't call myself racist or bigoted but certain folks and their actions deserve whatever label will stick to their worthless skins. I don't care what color or ethnic background they affiliate with but I do care how they fit into a productive and functioning American society. Feeding this worthless society so it can produce more of the same and calling it good is the problem. Trump is probably the only person on the political scene with the balls to do something about this enormous plague.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Bruce Schwartz » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:44 pm

Bigearl wrote:
Bruce Schwartz wrote:Trump may not be a true Republican but he’s got the racism, bigotry, misogyny, unwillingness to pay taxes, and onslaught on the environment parts down pretty well. Traits Carson lacked.

As far as your summary of trump, I think you are a bit misinformed. Please try to see through all the political "noise" out there surrounding both candidates.

Bigearl: How can I be possibly be misinformed? Everything I mentioned, except the part about his unwillingness to pay taxes, I got directly from the candidate himself! I grant you that equating an unwillingness of a candidate for the highest office in the land to show us his tax return is not the same as unwillingness to pay taxes. It does say something about the man's character though.

Look, I'm no Hillary fan, and I can see plenty of reasons why I would wish for another candidate to vote for, but putting a junkyard dog in charge of a space program is plain weird, if not irresponsible. As bad as I'd like to see change I don't think he has the temperament for someone in that office. He's in this for himself, not you, not me, and not anyone else.
Bruce Schwartz
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby GONEHUNTIN' » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:21 pm

How can any honest person possibly criticize Trump for not paying taxes? If any of you don't take advantage of any legal deduction you're either stupid or a liar. That's all Trump did; claimed legal deductions. Racist? I don't want any more of those damned rag heads or illegal Mexicans in here either. Let them stay in their own countries and let's get close the border now and get rid of every problematic illegal here now. No hearing, no trial, send them back. Theyr'e criminal's just by the act of a being here illegally. People should listen to what Trump says and not let the bought and paid for left wing media tell you what to think. He's a good man. They say you can tell the character of the man by his children and all of his children are class acts. I believe that any woman that accused him of a wrong doing was paid by the Democratic Party to do it.
I just hate seeing birds die of natural causes unless I'm that natural cause.
GONEHUNTIN'
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby AverageGuy » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:21 pm

If Trump is elected I expect he will surround himself with an excellent cabinet and rely on them heavily.

I think Trump accurately sees our country is at a stage critical juncture, in need of dramatic change. He accurately assesses the only way it will change is to change out our Federal Government. That is why he stepped forward.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Bigearl » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:36 pm

Bruce Schwartz wrote:
Bigearl wrote:
Bruce Schwartz wrote:Trump may not be a true Republican but he’s got the racism, bigotry, misogyny, unwillingness to pay taxes, and onslaught on the environment parts down pretty well. Traits Carson lacked.

As far as your summary of trump, I think you are a bit misinformed. Please try to see through all the political "noise" out there surrounding both candidates.

Bigearl: How can I be possibly be misinformed? Everything I mentioned, except the part about his unwillingness to pay taxes, I got directly from the candidate himself! I grant you that equating an unwillingness of a candidate for the highest office in the land to show us his tax return is not the same as unwillingness to pay taxes. It does say something about the man's character though.

Look, I'm no Hillary fan, and I can see plenty of reasons why I would wish for another candidate to vote for, but putting a junkyard dog in charge of a space program is plain weird, if not irresponsible. As bad as I'd like to see change I don't think he has the temperament for someone in that office. He's in this for himself, not you, not me, and not anyone else.

I see what you're saying. Though every negative aspect you just pointed out in Trump I can say the same things about secretary Clinton.
He won't release his tax returns. Hillary is still hiding emails.
He's in it for himself. Well duh but what the flying fu*k do you think she's in it for??? The Clinton foundation and it's ever so obvious "pay for play" proves that time and time again.
Trump slapped a few women on the ass over the years. Name one jock who hasn't. Her husband sure got his fair share of strange and yet Hillary is still with him, so obviously she doesn't have that big of a problem with "the boys being boys".

The decision between these two front runners is a no brainer.
Bigearl
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby jlw034 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:49 pm

Bigearl wrote:The decision between these two front runners is a no brainer.

As in neither of them have brains?

I concur.
jlw034
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Bigearl » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:03 pm

Oh they both are very intelligent people. Make no mistake of that. No one builds a corporate empire like trump without having smarts. Nor does someone create a political machine like the clintons have without making some very calculated and key decisions over the years
Bigearl
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby orhunter » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:05 pm

"Junkyard dog in charge of the space program." Assuming the dog is another name for the Pres. The President doesn't run the space program. The president may authorize a space program but the pres. doesn't run much of anything personally. They shake a lot of hands and play golf.....and receive the occasional visitor through the secret passage. Or was that just Kennedy?
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby AverageGuy » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:11 pm

No Bill did it too.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby cjm » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:35 am

I'm amused by people (in this thread and elsewhere) who say things like "nobody can find anything bad Trump has done" or "nobody called Trump racist before he decided to run" or "Trump is a good guy, religious, etc..." By necessity, the same people who say these things also dismiss lawsuits against him as 'business,' attack the women who accuse him, and say you can't believe anything the media say about him. I imagine that choosing to only believe things that agree with one's pre-determined conclusions help to avoid difficult cognitive dissonance.

I realize there is a lot to dislike about Hillary and that many reasonable people feel stuck between a rock and a hard place - especially when remembering that only 4% of the US population voted for Trump in the primaries and that more republicans voted against him than for him.

That said, I don't see how you can vote for Trump if you... want to protect the 1st amendment (e.g., he has and has threatened to sue reporters, he wants to make libel lawsuits easier), are pro-military (e.g., his McCain comments), want to protect our troops and citizens (e.g., he suggests we should bomb the families of terrorists and use torture, which sounds like the best way to make more terrorists), have women in your life (the things he says promote and normalize harassment and assault), are mature enough to believe that violence is generally not a constructive response (he has regularly incited violence with his comments), think racism is bad (he has a well-documented history of racist actions, his judge comments, etc...), think xenophobia is harmful to individuals and our country as a whole (his Kahn family comments, his immigrant comments, etc...), or think children should not be bullies (that is hard to teach if the president models it).

Sure, Hillary has plenty of flaws and people might not agree with all of her policies. But on the other side, you have a juvenile buffoon who promotes the worst beliefs and behaviors, has few coherent plans, and will endanger our country with his loose mouth, divisiveness, and disdain for constructive foreign policy. Hillary's rhetoric is that of a calculated, career politician; Trump's rhetoric is that of a thin-skinned, volatile authoritarian.

I get that some people will vote for Trump simply as a vote against Hillary, but I have a hard time understanding how anyone openly supports him.

If you are considering voting for Trump, might I make a suggestion? Write in Jack-O-Lantern. You'd still be voting for an orange shell with slime inside but it wouldn't do as much damage. :) Or write in your favorite R, or vote Johnson, or vote Hillary, or only vote down-ballot races - any of those are better choices.
cjm
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby cjm » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:40 am

Bigearl wrote:Trump slapped a few women on the ass over the years. Name one jock who hasn't.

With all due respect, this kind of thinking is incredibly harmful. For one, because an unwanted 'slap on the ass' or grope of the genitals is sexual assault and not something to casually dismiss. And, two, because it is just not true that all men (or 'jocks') act this way - and to suggest otherwise normalizes behavior that we should abhor.
cjm
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby orhunter » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:04 am

Tis far better to leave you ballot blank that to vote for the lesser of two evils. We simply don't need/want an evil person in any political office, don't be responsible for putting one there. If any of you think they don't pay attention to blank ballots, they do, they count them just like the others. You can send a message and it is your patriotic duty to do so.
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby hicntry » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:31 pm

I already voted....for Trump. We have had a Non Politician from the wrong side for the last 8 years and that was considered A ok.... even though it was a disaster. A non politician from the right side definitely has as much merit....more actually. Years from now, people will remember who put the first no experience president into office.....and it wasn't Trump, it was Obama. Of course, I do think Trump is going to win....and shortly after, Hillary will indeed be saying " pardon me". What started off as a joke, will, hopefully become the truth.
Ignorance can be fixed but stupid is forever.
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby AverageGuy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:08 pm

Either Hillary or Trump are going be elected the next President. Not casting a vote for one or the other just ups the odds the other will be elected. That is factual not an opinion. I will cast my vote and it won't be for a 3rd party candidate who cannot win, nor will it ever be for a Criminal under FBI Investigation.

CJM - I disagree with near all that you write but am not going to take the time for a point by point rebuttal. I will just share the most obvious, which is your portrayal of yourself as some champion of women while supporting Hillary Clinton is unreconcilable. The woman caught on tape laughing about her defense attorney role in getting a Rapist of a 12 year old girl off on a one year sentence. The woman married to serial sex offender who was Impeached for those actions while President.

Disagree with my vote all you want. I take no offense to it. But I do take offense to your attacks on the value system of Trump supporters and believe you are wrong to do so. What you miss is that Trump's supporters see him in an entirely different light than your remarks portray, not that their value systems accept him regardless.
Last edited by AverageGuy on Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby GONEHUNTIN' » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:19 pm

AverageGuy wrote:
CJM - I disagree with near all that you write but am not going to take the time for a point by point rebuttal. I will just share the most obvious, which is your portrayal of yourself as some champion of women while supporting Hillary Clinton is unreconcilable. The woman caught on tape laughing about her defense attorney role in getting a Rapist of a 12 year old girl off on a one year sentence. The woman married to serial sex offender who was Impeached for those actions while President.

Let's not forget what the Hildabeast did to the women her husband sexually ASSULTED or had relations with.
I just hate seeing birds die of natural causes unless I'm that natural cause.
GONEHUNTIN'
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion