Lena vom Slaney-Vale

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Lena vom Slaney-Vale

Postby stubblejumper » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:53 pm

jlw034 wrote:
stubblejumper wrote:Beautiful pup, I saw the entire litter when I picked up Lonnie, and they were all beautiful. I second your recommendations for Hugh, I spoke to many breeders over several months, and after conversing with Hugh, I knew that he was the breeder for me. As I type this Lonnie is sound asleep at my feet. We went for a good outing in the field by my house this morning, and he had his nose down checking out every scent. And I agree , they have two speeds, sound asleep, or full speed ahead. I just wish that those puppy teeth weren't so sharp. :)

Those puppy teeth are BRUTAL! I'd like to make it up to Hugh's place sometime...if only to meet all his dogs.

I don't know about Lonnie, but Lena sure has a set of lungs on her. Can she ever HOWL! The crate has gotten steadily better, but she still howls herself to sleep each night. Tears my wife up, but not much you can do.

Lonnie(Butch as we call him now) can howl too. When he first went in the crate for the ride home he cried and howled for about 5-10 minutes, and he cried after every stop. Now each time he goes in the crate, he howls for a very short time, usually under a minute, but quickly settles down. Last night was a first, he went into his crate with no howling. I find the little white tail to be a nice touch, a dark colored dog waving a white flag.
Last edited by stubblejumper on Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
stubblejumper
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby oldtimer » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:44 pm

bullfrog wrote:Gorgeous. I'm starting to get jealous of all these new little furballs.
Congrats and have fun!

Me too. The wife gives me dirty looks every time I show her a pup pic. :)
oldtimer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby stubblejumper » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:50 pm

oldtimer wrote:
bullfrog wrote:Gorgeous. I'm starting to get jealous of all these new little furballs.
Congrats and have fun!

Me too. The wife gives me dirty looks every time I show her a pup pic. :)

The wife loves dogs, but coincidentally she left town for a week with a girlfriend the morning before I arrived with the pup. :)
stubblejumper
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby JASmith » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:45 am

Congrats. She's beautiful. I look forward to meeting her some day! :)
Rock Creek Gooseberry (Rebel)
JASmith
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby stubblejumper » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:51 am

I never asked Hugh, but I can't help but wonder how many of the litter went to owners in the USA.
stubblejumper
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby jlw034 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:19 am

I know three pups are in the Minneapolis area.
jlw034
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby stubblejumper » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:28 am

jlw034 wrote:I know three pups are in the Minneapolis area.

It says a lot about the breeder,when people are going to a foreign country to get their pup.
stubblejumper
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby orhunter » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:30 am

JLW: Put pup in bed with you and everyone sleeps peacefully. Small sacrifice, big reward.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby stubblejumper » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:45 am

orhunter wrote:JLW: Put pup in bed with you and everyone sleeps peacefully. Small sacrifice, big reward.

Actually last night Lonnie never cried at all when he was placed in his crate. He slept until I woke up just before 3am to go to the bathroom myself, and after I took him out to pee, he went right back to sleep again. He went five hours without a pee. I did have the alarm set at 3am to take him out, but I woke up myself, before it went off. Hopefully, he can soon go all night without a pee break.
stubblejumper
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby jlw034 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:51 am

orhunter wrote:JLW: Put pup in bed with you and everyone sleeps peacefully. Small sacrifice, big reward.

LOL! I'd have better luck convincing my wife to shave her head!
jlw034
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby jlw034 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:53 am

stubblejumper wrote:

Actually last night Lonnie never cried at all when he was placed in his crate. He slept until I woke up just before 3am to go to the bathroom myself, and after I took him out to pee, he went right back to sleep again. He went five hours without a pee. I did have the alarm set at 3am to take him out, but I woke up myself, before it went off. Hopefully, he can soon go all night without a pee break.

What black magic are you using?!?!

Lena is down to 5-10 minutes of howling, then she quiets right down. I actually slept through my alarm last night (cold + cough syrup + lack of sleep = oops), realized I left her for 5.5 hours. No mess and she was still asleep when I let her out.

So, there's that...
jlw034
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby orhunter » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:34 am

JLW: Put wife in crate and listen to her howl!!!!

Last time we had a pup around here we tried the crate in the bedroom thing. We endured for two nights then put the pup in bed with us along with the two adult Griffs that have the run of the house. The adults were always on and off the bed throughout the night while the pup never twitched. ZZZZZZZZZZZZ..........
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby stubblejumper » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:47 pm

orhunter wrote:JLW: Put wife in crate and listen to her howl!!!!

Last time we had a pup around here we tried the crate in the bedroom thing. We endured for two nights then put the pup in bed with us along with the two adult Griffs that have the run of the house. The adults were always on and off the bed throughout the night while the pup never twitched. ZZZZZZZZZZZZ..........

Having him sleep in the crate is working out well for me. Everyone is getting their sleep. And when I go out for 1/2 hour or so, he goes in his crate until I get home, as per the breeders recommendations.
stubblejumper
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby CLC16 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:00 pm

stubblejumper wrote:I never asked Hugh, but I can't help but wonder how many of the litter went to owners in the USA.

Last I heard there were 5 in the US. 3 in Minnesota one in ND and one in Ohio. You guys are making me super jealous. We pick up ours on Saturday.
CLC16
Started
Started

Postby stubblejumper » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:28 pm

CLC16 wrote:
stubblejumper wrote:I never asked Hugh, but I can't help but wonder how many of the litter went to owners in the USA.

Last I heard there were 5 in the US. 3 in Minnesota one in ND and one in Ohio. You guys are making me super jealous. We pick up ours on Saturday.

It will have been worth the wait.
stubblejumper
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion