AKC POINTER NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, Wye Island, MD 11-10-07

ABHA, AFTCA, NBHA, NSTRA, UFTA, USCSDA, breed club FTs, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

AKC POINTER NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, Wye Island, MD 11-10-07

Postby Steve Anker » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:17 am

Greetings VEEEEEDAWGERz-

We're fresh back from the AKC POINTER NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. We had a great time. The grounds at Wye Island, Maryland are an East Coast Field Trialers fantasy, edges galore, corn, bean fields, the weather was fair, drizzly most days, partly sunny. The competition was top notch. Some of the nations top Pros were there running some of theeee most awesome Stylish skeeedaddlin' Pointers I've ever seen. The folks were from all over, Colorado, Florida, Ohio, Virginia, Georgia, Wyoming and some even as far away as merry Ole England. (UK) We were indeed in tall company. 300 freshly released pheasant from the GSP Championship the week before added to the challenge as well.

We rode braces and we saw dogs that each and every one could have won this Championship.
The food was plentiful, BBQ's and home cooked meals every day. Seminars on canine physiology, as well as horsemanship clinics made the week fly by quickly. The gallery wagon, drawn by Huge draft horses carried folks to and from the action. Real Nice Event

Great job from the folks at the American Pointer Club.
Steve "HOSS" Anker
ANKER OUTFITTERS
A-TEAM Gun Dog Training
FEATHER TERROR KENNELS

"Time with my dogs clears my mind, renews my faith, and lets me see the world as it is. My only regret loving dogs as I do, is the misery of their early departure." Robert G. Wehle
Steve Anker
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Alex V » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:51 pm

How did you do?
Gota love them pointing dawgz
Alex V
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby orhunter » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:58 am

Yea, brag a little to us.....
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Steve Anker » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:35 am

Alex Veee-

We did well, dogs ran very nice, we got in the Satin, saw some reeeeally nice longtailers go 'round. My kinda folks...
Steve "HOSS" Anker
ANKER OUTFITTERS
A-TEAM Gun Dog Training
FEATHER TERROR KENNELS

"Time with my dogs clears my mind, renews my faith, and lets me see the world as it is. My only regret loving dogs as I do, is the misery of their early departure." Robert G. Wehle
Steve Anker
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to Pointing Dog Field Trialing