Yawallac and Steve Anker

AKC, CKC, KC, ANKC, UKC, ENZI, etc. testing.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Yawallac and Steve Anker

Postby Ryan » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:21 pm

I was wondering if when you were running trial if you ever ran against or seen any Dunfur bred Shorthairs? What did you think of them?

Anyone please feel free to comment its just these 2 guys are the FT part of this board so I figured start at the top.
Ryan

Postby Tony » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:38 pm

I doubt if they have seen too many Dunfur bred dogs on the east coast, but I do know that larue has a young female out of Dan Hoke's breeding.
Tony
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Greg Jennings » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:42 pm

You might google Dunfur's Hoosier LB.

Jerry Paddock owns and bred him. He is out of Dunfur's Hoosier Pepper by GK's Rambling Danny. Pepper is out of Dunfur's Morticia by Burr Oak's Hoosier Buddy.

You'll find that Burr Oak's Hoosier Buddy x Dunfur's Morticia nick quite a bit in Hoke's dogs.

Buddy is line bred on the well-known Moesgaard's Dee Dee's Jackson x Big Oak Bumper nick with some Rusty thrown in.

Greg J.
Greg Jennings
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby Ryan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Thanks Greg I will look into it.
Ryan

Postby yawallac » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:33 pm

Ryan,

Just saw this post. I don't see many GSPs where I trial but I have heard good things about Dunfur lines ...and Dan Hoke.
yawallac
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Ryan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:36 pm

yawallac wrote:Ryan,

Just saw this post. I don't see many GSPs where I trial but I have heard good things about Dunfur lines ...and Dan Hoke.

Do you see more Pointers and setters? You run in the American Field Venues do you not?
Ryan

Postby JoeHop » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:02 am

I run AFTCA and there are no GSP's
Sally's Branch Duke
Sally's Branch Copper
JoeHop
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Ryan » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:16 am

JoeHop wrote:I run AFTCA and there are no GSP's

Not meaning to start a fight but do you mean there are no GSP's where you trial? I am in Region 14 and I am pretty sure there are GSP's run here.
Ryan

Postby Doc E » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:51 pm

yawallac wrote:Ryan,

Dan is a great guy (I've know him for a number of years) and he has tremendous dogs.

Doc E
HR UH MHR WR SR Casey RIP my friend :(
HRCH HR UH Tucker 1270 HR Ch. points :D
HRCH HR UH Weezle 250 HR Ch. points :)
Doc E
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Steve Anker » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:36 pm

Ryan- sorry fella-just saw this post

I run mostly AKC, all breed and Pointer Events, We run American Field as time allows with my Pointers usually head to head with the Top Pro Pointer guys in the Nation- veeeery humbling, keeps me quiet and teaches a fella how to lose gracefully.... :D AKC we do very well.

We see (on the winners stand) mostly GSPs, Pointers, Setters and a few Veeeeezles up my way in Trialing

My own stuff is mostly Pointers, have a GSP with some shagg every now and then, mine and clients dogs.

DUNFURs GSPs? Musta run against one somewhere, aren't they west coast dogs?

I met Dan Hoke at the AKC All Breed Gun Dog Championship a few years back, nice fella.

Most of the GSPs that run east coast (and WIN) are out of lines like Saddle, Slicker, Clown et al.
Some local breeders put out some nice stock but East Coast GSPers Amatulli and Joyce usually eat em alive with their screamers. i wish i had dogs that could keep up with them (my GSPs). They give my Pointers a run for the money, lost to them on occassion as well (all breed trials).

This season 1st half was a wash, had some dog problems, right now we're waiting for a NEW pup, can't wait to get going with another dog of my own.
Steve "HOSS" Anker
ANKER OUTFITTERS
A-TEAM Gun Dog Training
FEATHER TERROR KENNELS

"Time with my dogs clears my mind, renews my faith, and lets me see the world as it is. My only regret loving dogs as I do, is the misery of their early departure." Robert G. Wehle
Steve Anker
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Alex V » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:37 pm

Hey Steve,
When is that new pup arriving?
Can't wait to see it...

Alex V
Gota love them pointing dawgz
Alex V
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Steve Anker » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:43 pm

ALEX VEEEEEEEEE-

Soon my brother, if all goes well.

You keep those longtail/short screamers of yours in shape will ya, and stock up on the eyewash solution.....don't blink....

Hoss
Steve "HOSS" Anker
ANKER OUTFITTERS
A-TEAM Gun Dog Training
FEATHER TERROR KENNELS

"Time with my dogs clears my mind, renews my faith, and lets me see the world as it is. My only regret loving dogs as I do, is the misery of their early departure." Robert G. Wehle
Steve Anker
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Alex V » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:54 pm

8)
Gota love them pointing dawgz
Alex V
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Return to (All Breed) Kennel Clubs