Walking Trial - GSP Club of Eastern Iowa

AKC, CKC, KC, ANKC, UKC, ENZI, etc. testing.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Postby mngsp » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:45 pm

How are entries coming for your trial?

As I mentioned in my voice mail to you a while back, I plan on keeping my dog with me next winter so I plan to come next year.

Good luck on it, wish I had a dog to bring :cry: And the soon to be 10 yr old GWP just doesn't count in the trial dog category, wouldn't trade her for anything though!
mngsp
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby mngsp » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:03 am

Tony

How did the trial end up? Any results?
mngsp
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Tony » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:21 pm

Off the top of my head:

Chris Swanke won the Open Gun Dog with his bitch, Sam.

Lawrence Ficek won the Amateur Gun Dog with Dandy. This finished Dandy's AFC.

I won the Open Derby with Ike.

Kevin Kuiper handled a dog for Jerry Jordan and won the Open Puppy with a male pup owned by Bonnie Forbush

We had enough dogs to make every stake a 2-pointer and we finished the trial on Saturday afternoon. The rest of the results will be on the AKC site in a few weeks.
Tony
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby mngsp » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:34 pm

Thanks for the update, figure your information would be faster than waiting for the AKC to get it up on the website.

Congrats to Lawrence and Dandy on finishing that AFC Title.

Nice work by you and Ike.

Another question for you. Have trial entries been lighter than normal from what you've seen so far?
mngsp
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Tony » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:54 pm

mngsp wrote:Have trial entries been lighter than normal from what you've seen so far?

We rarely have more than 40 dogs at our walking trial. We were not sure whether we were going to have a trial until the day before the drawing. It seems that most people waited until the last minute to send in their entries.

Our Spring trial in April will probably have about 120 dogs or so depending on how many pros show up. The Hawkeye Championship usually draws almost 30 dogs.

I have also noticed since the fuel prices have gone up, a lot of pros will only travel to the trials where they can run on the same grounds for two weekends in a row, or hit a trial and a championship stake.
Tony
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to (All Breed) Kennel Clubs