you gotta check this out

Off-Topic discussions and chit-chat

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: you gotta check this out

Postby hicntry » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:50 am

orhunter wrote:This thread has taken a path that should never have happened. Hope you guys are proud of yourselves....

+1
Since it has already taken the wrong path.....D&B.....got anything of you singing on utube?? :D
Last edited by hicntry on Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ignorance can be fixed but stupid is forever.
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby hicntry » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:30 am

Ignorance can be fixed but stupid is forever.
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby BirdDogger » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:36 pm

I don't know the first thing about singing, but as an educator I know kids. One idea I hold firm to is that adults should allow/encourage children to show the great abilities that they often possess. This kid has a one-in-a-billion kind of talent. Let her shine while she's got it. You never know if her unique sound will fade as her voice changes with adulthood.

Thanks for the link, hicntry. I intend to show it to a group of teachers soon.
BirdDogger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby orhunter » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:03 pm

I used to coach track. I would tell the kids, this may be your one and only chance in life to do something really great, give it your best effort. It had nothing to do with natural talent, it was about working hard enough to improve and being satisfied with the personal results. Had nothing to do with winning a race, simply doing your best.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussions