you gotta check this out

Off-Topic discussions and chit-chat

Moderator: Moderator Pack

you gotta check this out

Postby hicntry » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:23 pm

Ignorance can be fixed but stupid is forever.
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: you gotta check this out

Postby orhunter » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:15 pm

WOW!!! What's not to like.... So cool.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Hdc » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:34 pm

Awesome. How much of that is nature vs nurture? :D
Hdc
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby CEA » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:27 pm

Wow that was incredible
CEA
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Smilin Jack » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:30 pm

WOW :multi:
If You Can't be a Good Example then You will just have to Serve as a Horrible Warning
Smilin Jack
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby DrahtsundBraats » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:56 pm

Yes, I saw it on the internet. I hope someone will realize that this girl is squeezing this out right now and needs to be allowed to grow up. The female voice isn't ready to take that kind of stress until about the age of 17 and then slowly.

Same thing happened to a young English girl years back - I think her last name was Church - she sort of shredded her voice but kept going. Fast money...
DrahtsundBraats
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby orhunter » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:10 pm

She has her first album out.
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby jmr12 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:52 am

DrahtsundBraats wrote:Yes, I saw it on the internet. I hope someone will realize that this girl is squeezing this out right now and needs to be allowed to grow up. The female voice isn't ready to take that kind of stress until about the age of 17 and then slowly.

Same thing happened to a young English girl years back - I think her last name was Church - she sort of shredded her voice but kept going. Fast money...

Maybe her parents are responsible and are having her coached properly. Just a thought.
jmr12
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby DrahtsundBraats » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:33 am

Maybe her parents are responsible and are having her coached properly. Just a thought.

There isn't a responsible voice teacher in the world that condones that. If you know what you're listening for, the air is pouring through young vocal cords that aren't ready to properly phonate at that age.
You can't teach kids at that age to sing opera...they can mimic...but the vocal muscles aren't ready...all you can do is teach them to avoid bad habits...like constricting, over blowing, etc.
DrahtsundBraats
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby JTracyII » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:09 pm

DrahtsundBraats wrote:

There isn't a responsible voice teacher in the world that condones that. If you know what you're listening for, the air is pouring through young vocal cords that aren't ready to properly phonate at that age.
You can't teach kids at that age to sing opera...they can mimic...but the vocal muscles aren't ready...all you can do is teach them to avoid bad habits...like constricting, over blowing, etc.

I had no idea that DandB was an opera singer in his past life.... :lol:
JTracyII
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby JTracyII » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:09 pm

DrahtsundBraats wrote:

JTracyII
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby jmr12 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:48 pm

JTracyII wrote:
DrahtsundBraats wrote:

You can tell all that from a U tube video....
Can you say Julie Andrews? Not to mention countless other children who have had no problems singing at a young age. With the proper guidance this young lady will have a life filled with music.
No offence DB. I just believe there are still some parents out there that have the best interests of there children at heart.....Maybe I'm living in fantasy land. O.K......I'm done....Rock on little girl.
jmr12
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby JTracyII » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:54 pm

DandB,

My sincere apologies. I was just informed that you are have real life experience with opera singing. Is this true?
JTracyII
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby orhunter » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:07 pm

This thread has taken a path that should never have happened. Hope you guys are proud of yourselves....
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby DrahtsundBraats » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:20 am

Yes I sang opera for many years in Europe and the US. I am doubtful when I see children being pushed to sound like adults. If you don't do it right, it doesn't take long to damage a voice. Time will tell...I wish her well. Of course, there is 10X the money in being a child sensation, no matter how long it lasts.
DrahtsundBraats
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Next

Return to Off-Topic Discussions