How the Hell...?

Off-Topic discussions and chit-chat

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: How the Hell...?

Postby DK dreams » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:35 pm

I like free stuff, too.
But I also believe in working and paying your own way.
My son is 18 and has worked since he was 14, first on a friend's hay farm, then as he got older as a schlepper in a construction company digging and hauling buckets of dirt for 2 summers.
He know knows and respects the $$$(not that he should but you get my drift :) )

Some only want to take, not contribute.
Obama care doesn't affect the poor or the rich - what about all the people in between?
If it affected the poor you know they would have voted against him.
The poor are in favor of taxing the rich higher b/c it's a form of getting even with them - the revenge Obama spoke about
(he knows how to reach into the hearts of his base)
Why do the poor hate the rich?
Why do poor folks think those who earn money should give it to them and why are they not willing to earn their own or get an education - which BTW is not necessary to become rich - just look at Andrew Carnegie

I grew up in NYC - I know the mentality, it's not just the poor, it's the immigrants as well.
Different gene pool from those who came over and built this city.
DK dreams
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby JIM K » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:45 pm

when the good paying jobs left our towns do to things being made over accross pond and technology,breaking up of unions,THIS CAUSED A LOT OF PROBLEMS WE HAVE TODAY.
parents are not home and working longer hrs and welfare is now solution do to lack of jobs that pay enough to live on.

back when i startted on railroad,WE DID NOT MAKE MONEY.
but we all had great paying jobs and cars,nice modest homes and put kids thru college.
in came the BUDGET or the folks that said, HEY WE WANT A BUDGET!!!

so jobs were cut.
this caused people to move and not fix up homes. kids now cant afford college so they get pell grants.
dads are not home, working away . mothers too.
when i started to work a mans pay was enough to put a kid thru college and mother stayed home.

it came INFLATION and jobs going to china.
ross perot said this would happen.
guess who caused it?
president clinton and his buddys the REPUBLICANS, yes you heard it, his buddys in last term.
dont think for minute that obama and repubs are not going to be friends, THEY WILL. :o
JIM K
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby jmr12 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:44 pm

JIM K wrote:when the good paying jobs left our towns do to things being made over accross pond and technology,breaking up of unions,THIS CAUSED A LOT OF PROBLEMS WE HAVE TODAY.
parents are not home and working longer hrs and welfare is now solution do to lack of jobs that pay enough to live on.

but we all had great paying jobs and cars,nice modest homes and put kids thru college.

so jobs were cut.
this caused people to move and not fix up homes. kids now cant afford college so they get pell grants.
when i started to work a mans pay was enough to put a kid thru college and mother stayed home.

guess who caused it?
president clinton and his buddys the REPUBLICANS, yes you heard it, his buddys in last term.
dont think for minute that obama and repubs are not going to be friends, THEY WILL. :o

Jim i love reading your posts.....But what the hell are you talking about?
jmr12
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Steve Anker » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:41 pm

Yo Harv'

That fella, REPUBLICAN fella you mentioned, that shouldda couldda WON, was creamed in the Primaries, a fella who would have disembowled ole Bammy, despite the negative vibes given off by his own political party, a fella who's home town is located between Tennessee and Florida, a teacher by conviction, someone who could have taught us a thing er two about our very own Constitution, NOT try to destroy it like our current leader is doing,
was he a fella whose name starts with a N....?

.......and ends with a ewt Gingrich.....?
Last edited by Steve Anker on Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve "HOSS" Anker
ANKER OUTFITTERS
A-TEAM Gun Dog Training
FEATHER TERROR KENNELS

"Time with my dogs clears my mind, renews my faith, and lets me see the world as it is. My only regret loving dogs as I do, is the misery of their early departure." Robert G. Wehle
Steve Anker
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Steve Anker » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:42 pm

Yo Harv'

That fella, REPUBLICAN fella you mentioned, that shouldda couldda WON, was creamed in the Primaries, a fella who would have disembowled ole Bammy, despite the negative vibes given off by his own political party, a fella who's home town is located between Tennessee and Florida, a teacher by conviction, someone who could have taught us a thing er two about our very own Constitution, NOT try to destroy it like our current leader is doing,

Steve "HOSS" Anker
ANKER OUTFITTERS
A-TEAM Gun Dog Training
FEATHER TERROR KENNELS

"Time with my dogs clears my mind, renews my faith, and lets me see the world as it is. My only regret loving dogs as I do, is the misery of their early departure." Robert G. Wehle
Steve Anker
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby orhunter » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:27 pm

Steve.... At this point, it doesn't really matter..... Consider any one of them was a better choice.

"N" used to call me on my private line and asked what I thought? I'm sure he called you too. Maybe I should have taken him seriously...... Kicking myself in hind sight.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Kyle » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:51 pm

Steve Anker wrote:Yo Harv'

Do you mean Newt Gingrich? Do I get a prize for guessing?
Kyle
Kyle
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby JIM K » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:24 am

jmr12 wrote:
JIM K wrote:when the good paying jobs left our towns do to things being made over accross pond and technology,breaking up of unions,THIS CAUSED A LOT OF PROBLEMS WE HAVE TODAY.

so jobs were cut.

guess who caused it?

Jim i love reading your posts.....But what the hell are you talking about?

heck if know? :lol:
JIM K
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby JIM K » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:31 am

Kyle wrote:
Steve Anker wrote:Yo Harv'

Do you mean Newt Gingrich? Do I get a prize for guessing?
Kyle

kyle, you are right on money.we republicans have got to stop in fighting between MODERATE ones, ME and way to right repubs.
we are doing no good tearing us apart.

i think john boeuher saw that and SAID, WE HAVE TO WORK WITH OBAMA,FORGET OBAMACARE ,WE ARE NOT INTERESTED ANYMORE IN IT ,THERE IS MORE TO WORRY ABOUT.
i say,LETS GIVE OBAMA CARE A TRY, IF IT DOES NOT WORK THEN LETS GO AFTER OBAMA.
but i like idea i can NOW get insurance from any insurer and not be turned down.
right now i have 1300 dollar deductible. isnt that awful.
i pay 385 a month for insurance.no dental etc.
now they have to take me at other insurance co. like BLUE CROSS. :wink:
JIM K
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Smilin Jack » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:38 pm

Don't bet on that .... Better read the Bill a little more .....
If You Can't be a Good Example then You will just have to Serve as a Horrible Warning
Smilin Jack
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby DrahtsundBraats » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:27 pm

How do you prevent business from seeking the lowest production costs?? Give it a few years and after the cost of production rises in foreign countries, you'll see business wonder back on shore. I know these cycles disrupt lives, but we've been through it before. Japan tried insulating its home markets from competition in the 1980's and they still haven't recovered.
DrahtsundBraats
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby ryanr » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:59 am

JIM K wrote:kyle, my point is ,friends that i know hate obama kept stimulus money. :shock:

Because it was their own money to begin with in the first place. Unless your friends don't pay taxes then they got sombody else's money.
ryanr
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Smilin Jack » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:46 pm

How is this
Attachments
!cid_21_2706048563@web121306_mail_ne1_yahoo.jpg
If You Can't be a Good Example then You will just have to Serve as a Horrible Warning
Smilin Jack
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Chadwick » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:57 pm

That's all been going on for a long time, so I am not sure who he is talking about :lol:
Chadwick
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Smilin Jack » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:19 pm

Well I am sure ........ :lol:
Smilin Jack
Master Poster
Master Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussions