How the Hell...?

Off-Topic discussions and chit-chat

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: How the Hell...?

Postby Kyle » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:30 am

JIM K wrote:
HA, :D steve here is good one. obama gave us 200 dollar stimilus.
did you return your 200 dollars back to him?i aSSUME YOU DID NOT :shock: i have yet to find anyone that RETURNED their 200 dollars / but maybe you did noit recieve it and your mad? :)

Where did he get the $200? They gave most of nothing. That is not a reasonable point. I was mad when President Bush gave us stimulus money. I think it was $600??? I would rather it went toward the national debt. If we were allowed to vote on whether to give stimulus money and we voted yes then you would have a point but to point out that we did not return $200 of the $5000 that they take from us every year does not prove a point.
Kyle
Kyle
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby JIM K » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:37 am

kyle, my point is ,friends that i know hate obama kept stimulus money. :shock:
JIM K
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby jmr12 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:41 am

Sorry to here about your Pop, Jim, but in my opinion he was wrong.... As a nation we are suppose to be smarter than that and learn from our mistakes. Not repeat them. I am not a history expert, but I think just before the great depression the government was printing money to get out of debt..HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I don't know where you came up with the 200.00 Obama money... I thought it was 600.00 Bush money. And by the way I did send mine back. One of the dumbest government ideas yet.
jmr12
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Kyle » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:49 am

JIM K wrote:kyle, my point is ,friends that i know hate obama kept stimulus money. :shock:

I got your point. I voted for Obama and I still don't think you can rub it in their nose that they did not return $200 out of the $5000 that they took in Federal Taxes. My point was that you don't have a point. :wink:
Kyle
Kyle
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby blue04 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:47 am

JIM K wrote:kyle, my point is ,friends that i know hate obama kept stimulus money. :shock:

This argument is the same as saying "You shouldn't cash your income tax return check every year, because that's the government handing out money".

The problem with your theory Jim is that you're assuming it's the government's $200 to give. It's NOT. Where do you think they got that $200? They "collected" it in taxes from people who earned it. So, what really happened is that the people who actually pay taxes got to keep a little bit more of what they EARNED and the people who don't pay any income taxes got an extra $200 in their pockets that they DIDN'T EARN.

You also need to understand a couple of other things:
(1) Remember Romney's 47% comment about people who don't pay income taxes? Well even if we don't count the elderly (10.3% of income tax return filers), you still have more than 1/3 (about %37%) of the people who are earning money in this country not paying a dime in income taxes.

(2) Because of the various "tax credits" available through the current tax system, many of the people who make up this 37% actually get MORE money back via a tax refund than they paid in to start with. Where does that extra money come from?

(3) Have you ever read the US Constitution? You should read it. It plainly lists (Article 1, Section 8) several powers that are granted to the Federal Government. It also plainly states (in the 10th Amendment) that (paraphrasing) "... any powers not specifically listed here belong to the states, or to the people". What this means is that, the Feds are specifically prohibited by the Constitution from doing anything that's not specifically spelled out in Article 1, Section 8. In case you don't want to take the time to read it, it doesn't say anything about providing free cell phones or free health care.
blue04
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Steve Anker » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:30 pm

Go git em BLUE....
Harrumph....Harrumph.....!

In that vein...........
Waaay back...before the earth cooled, before MTV and Microwave popcorn, before the dollar WASN'T based on the Gold standard, our Representitive Democracy was in it's fledgeling state-
Back then you used to have an accountant figure your taxes...at the end of the year, then send in a grand old check to Uncle Sammy. The amount was manageable, however the total amount was in one shot. Somewhere along the way, we got into a payroll deducted method of paying taxes, making the pain of the once yearly check much easier, much less noticeable, we were HOODWINKED, slowly RAILROADED, DUPED, Fooled into acceptance. I'll tell ya straight, IF I had to ONCE a year, write a check, to cover my YEARLY Taxes, I'd go WILD! Wild for the amounts, wild for the waste, wild for the gaull, wild for the sheer bulk of the payment. That's where we are today. Today we figure on what we have LEFT, after deductions from the Taxman. Crumbs, left over from the crusts of our daily bread. What we have to spend, instead of what we've PAID....It was sheer genious, by the government, a slight of hand on a monumental scale.

That's what my computer challenged cohort JimK is trying to tell us, (I twisted his original intent)

Our rebate from Uncle Sammy....is our MONEY to begin with, it's just LESS they are taking. Bonny and Clyde would be proud, Dillinger would have fond words of the governments stance, I assure you.

My MONEY.......I earned it, worked hard for it, all 48 % of it..!
Steve "HOSS" Anker
ANKER OUTFITTERS
A-TEAM Gun Dog Training
FEATHER TERROR KENNELS

"Time with my dogs clears my mind, renews my faith, and lets me see the world as it is. My only regret loving dogs as I do, is the misery of their early departure." Robert G. Wehle
Steve Anker
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby JIM K » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:00 pm

sad seeing that snow and those folks in NY/NJ .dam, it makes me feel sad.
wish i could help in some way. :cry: ,
JIM K
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Steve Anker » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:17 pm

Aye JimK-

Got two pieces of coal, for my snowmans eyes?
Corncob pipe?
How about a used scarf?
Now that'll be heppppful......
Steve "HOSS" Anker
ANKER OUTFITTERS
A-TEAM Gun Dog Training
FEATHER TERROR KENNELS

"Time with my dogs clears my mind, renews my faith, and lets me see the world as it is. My only regret loving dogs as I do, is the misery of their early departure." Robert G. Wehle
Steve Anker
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby JIM K » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:59 am

WELL,repubs are changing :shock: today HANNITY SAID,we got to get off back of immigrants and let ones here alone. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
OLD GAURD REPUBS DID NOT LIKE THAT STATEMENT. :shock:

i expect HANNITYS days are numbered as mouth piece of republican party.. :o
christie is on list now and now hannity.

who will be next?john boehner said,OBAMA CARE will stay. :o folks, things are changing fast. :lol:
4 years from now it will be 2 titans running for president.

JEB BUSH
HILLARY CLINTON

jeb married a hispanic :wink:
JIM K
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby blue04 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:32 pm

There is a lot of speculation go on right now on the conservative talk shows. Everyone is trying to figure out why Romney didn't win. There are a lot of ideas flying around, but nobody really has any really useful input.

The only thing I know is that we're now stuck with a big poop sandwich, and everyone is going to have to take a bite eventually.
blue04
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby orhunter » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:53 pm

The Republican candidate that could have won, lost in the primary.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Toabster » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:57 am

orhunter wrote:The Republican candidate that could have won, lost in the primary.

I am curious. Which one do you have in mind? Gingrich or Santorum?
Toabster

Postby Toabster » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:01 am

(trying to figure out how to delete my post, bear with me)
Toabster

Postby DK dreams » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:36 am

Many people don't want to work, they will vote for the person saying they will support them.
Single women like Obama b/c not only is he good looking,charming,a smooth talker,can sing and dance - he assures them that if they need money he will give it to them.
It's simple - why do you think Rosie O'Donnel's and Oprah's shows were so successful - give people free stuff, they will bring you to the top and keep you there,worship you.
DK dreams
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby JIM K » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:00 pm

DK dreams wrote:Many people don't want to work, they will vote for the person saying they will support them.
Single women like Obama b/c not only is he good looking,charming,a smooth talker,can sing and dance - he assures them that if they need money he will give it to them.
It's simple - why do you think Rosie O'Donnel's and Oprah's shows were so successful - give people free stuff, they will bring you to the top and keep you there,worship you.

we all like anything we can get.
i saw great employees turn on other employees over just a free t-shirt at work.i saw rich people stand in lines [republicans] like me for free turkey, you heard that right.I WAS THERE and i did not take turkey, it was for poor etc.

i got 300 gallons of paint free from lowes. we are donating it to low income so they can paint their houses.
make town look better.
GUESS WHAT RICH SAID TO ME?
jim i better get a couple of gallons for my home. :shock:
I ASSUME I WILL BE ON THEIR HATE LIST AFTER THEY DONT GET A GALLON?
when romney said the 47% thing, he was marked. when ryan went after peoples pensions to move it to social security THEN onto voucher program,he was marked.

isnt it strange that almost all republicans reps voted to table doing just those things. :shock:

not strange to me . i was on a few boards for middle class and almost ALWAYS a republican was sitting accross table finding ways to reduce or take away your good pay or your benefits.
i seen it for 40 years nothing new to me.
only rep locally in pa that was moderate republican that worked with middle class was ARLEN SPECTOR.

folks, look what republican machine did to him, so bad he had to change to democrat .
JIM K
Master Poster
Master Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussions