Bird Launchers- M Doggie vs LCS Universal

Hunting, outdoors, and dog products, etc. reviews.
Add your opinion/suggestion to any posting - new or old. OR, create your own!

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Bird Launchers- M Doggie vs LCS Universal

Postby kdawg » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:04 pm

I'm looking for a remote bird launcher that is easier on my wallet. I'm willing to pay more if these two options just don't cut it in terms of quality. But perhaps they work just as well? Has anyone had any experience with the M Doggie Remote or the LCS Universal Bird Launcher? Would you recommend either?
kdawg
Started
Started

Re: Bird Launchers- M Doggie vs LCS Universal

Postby JoeHop » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:19 am

I like LCS, just like the old Innotek Launchers. LCS picked up the design when innotek dropped out of making that launcher.
Sally's Branch Duke
Sally's Branch Copper
JoeHop
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby MillerClemsonHD » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:36 am

kdawg wrote:I'm looking for a remote bird launcher that is easier on my wallet. I'm willing to pay more if these two options just don't cut it in terms of quality. But perhaps they work just as well? Has anyone had any experience with the M Doggie Remote or the LCS Universal Bird Launcher? Would you recommend either?

I have the Mdoggie launcher and am happy with them. I got in on the original purchase. Customer service has been great and the launchers work well. I have a few minor complaints none of which are enough to buy the really expensive launchers for what I need them for.

The small remote is not my favorite and I can't set it to a specific launcher and work it and only have 1 launch button. Each launcher has a diff button on the remote to launch which means I have to think about what Im doing. Much better at it now that and usually is not a problem. I have had a couple of small quail escape but no problems with bigger birds or pigeons.

Only other complaint is the antenna. I wish they have a shorter, thicker rubber type antenna. I have had problems with the thin metal ones pulling out. Other than that the range is good, and everything works well.

If I was a pro I would be going with one of the other proven brands but as just training a few pups these will last me a while.
MillerClemsonHD
Started
Started

Postby KYwired » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:07 pm

I know I didn't originate the thread, but I was watching closely. I'm going to be in market this spring and appreciate the input. If anybody has additional thoughts I'd like to hear them.
KYwired
Started
Started

Postby JoeHop » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:28 pm

The LCS launcher now comes with a smaller remote and can control I think up to 4 launchers total. For younger dogs I like to take a piece of ribbon or someting I can see to mark the launchers in high grass so I know where they all are. Now, i really only do this when I am just starting a young dog out because when they get older they will start looking for that ribbon or marker. But what I am getting at is the the antennae on the launcher is tall enough to do that with. (10-12 in.)
Sally's Branch Duke
Sally's Branch Copper
JoeHop
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby donpetstop » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:20 am

I bought 3 of the m doggies. So far they have worked very well. The remote is small and I ended up putting on my whistle lanyard. I have identified mine with color tape on the antenna then color coded the remote button. Seems to work ok for me. Range seems to be fine. Only problem with some of the quail is they pop up and fly right at the dog. Not the launchers fault but I should have loaded them and placed them with more thought. Our pen quail aren't real strong flyers. Pigeons fit nicely with no problems. For the price you can't go wrong. I got 3 for the price of 2 of the other brands.
donpetstop
Started
Started

Postby Jimmyb_025 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:21 am

Have you thought about making your own??? You can make them for way cheaper than buying them… I made three for about the cost of 1.
Jimmyb_025
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby Str8Sh00ter » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:37 am

Jimmyb -
Do you have any plans or pictures on how you do this. I think we all know that it is a simple radio activated servo, and I have thought about building my own before, but am worried about reliablity.
Str8Sh00ter
Started
Started

Postby Jimmyb_026 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:24 am

Jimmyb -
Do you have any plans or pictures on how you do this. I think we all know that it is a simple radio activated servo, and I have thought about building my own before, but am worried about reliablity.

I have plans... it is a bunch of chicken scratching though... I could take a pick or just explain real quick what it is..

A launcher from cabelas
A project box from radio shack
A 12V actuator from online (carpartz.com I think.)
A battery pack from radio shack (that holds 8 AA battieries)
A toggle switch from Radio Shack
A 4channel reciever from ebay, I think the guys name is cold fusion x
some wire and zip ties...

If you are intrested I can walk you through it... I would say mine are very reliable, I have used them plenty with little to 0 issue. just got to stay on the batteries, if they drop below 12v they get finnacky with range. with a full battery I can get 70ish yards, if the battieries are dying it is much less... Battery life will depend on how long you have them on not so much how much "actuating" you are doing. Let me know.... Sorry it took so long Jimmyb_025 forgot his password, then screwed up to many times so now I am Jimmyb_026.........
Jimmyb_026

Postby TPBL » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:35 pm

Jimmyb any way we can talk in private? got a few question about the selfmade launcher:)
TPBL
Pup
Pup

Postby Constructeur » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:22 pm

I bought an LCS launcher this Summer to fix a single specific problem. I'm a one dog guy at the moment. I sold it once I was done with it. The LCS unit is thinner, cheaper, and more easily damaged than any of the more expensive models. We have a guy in our doggy club that has had his for near a decade, but he is captain meticulous with his gear. 8) and seems to be the exception to the rule.

If I was buying a launcher to keep, or buying one knowing I may be a bit hard on gear I can't suggest the LCS. It works, it's just the Hyundai/Kia of launchers.
Constructeur
Master Poster
Master Poster

Return to Product Reviews & Suggestions