Garmin Delta XC upland vs Dogtra 2500tb

Hunting, outdoors, and dog products, etc. reviews.
Add your opinion/suggestion to any posting - new or old. OR, create your own!

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Garmin Delta XC upland vs Dogtra 2500tb

Postby RIPGY5 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:34 am

Hi all I'm new to the forum and to the VD world and training. I've had my new DD pup for about 2 weeks now and I'm starting to think about ecollars. Id like one with beeper function and have it roughly narrowed to the Garmin delta xc upland or the dogtra 2500tb (I see you can add beeper to the pro 550 but the remote looks like a massive boat anchor to carry around). Does anyone have experience with either of these? It seems the early garmin deltas had a problem with too low of stim levels but it sounds like they went back to more of a tritronics system? I'm hoping to use this pup for pheasant and waterfowl so waterproof durability is also important.

Thanks in advance all, I need all the help I can get!

RIPGY5
Pup
Pup

Re: Garmin Delta XC upland vs Dogtra 2500tb

Postby Dakotazeb » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:45 pm

I have a Dogtra 2502T&B (the 2 dog model). Had it for 7-8 years and not had one problem with it. It's been a good solid unit for use on my Brittanys. I like it because the unit on the dog is compact. I'm sure the Garmin is also a good unit so it might boil down to the features that each has.

BTW, good lookin' pup!
Janees August Breeze - Bree
http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree. ... erations=5

Godfather's Dakota Elle
1X NSTRA Champion
2008-2016
http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree. ... erations=5
Dakotazeb
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Garmin Delta XC upland vs Dogtra 2500tb

Postby stubblejumper » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:10 am

I have been using the Dogtra 2500 for over a year now. So far, it has worked flawlessly in all conditions from submersion in water to -30 degrees. The beeper does get full of snow which reduces the range a bit, but it is still great for finding my dog when he gets out f sight in heavy cover.
stubblejumper
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Return to Product Reviews & Suggestions